XFL is here

I’m pumped about this.

I wasn’t a fan the first time around but the direction they are heading now seems cool.

Any word on age/minor league/college requirements ?

There’s one possible stumbling block. McMahon made it clear players with criminal records wouldn’t be allowed in his league (and, of course, political statements such as kneeling during the anthem won’t be allowed either),

seems Kaepernick would not be allowed with his kneeling??
Boss said he would be ok i think..

The criminal record thing I’m not really a fan of.

*under certain circumstances

There’s one possible stumbling block. McMahon made it clear players with criminal records wouldn’t be allowed in his league (and, of course, political statements such as kneeling during the anthem won’t be allowed either),

seems Kaepernick would not be allowed with his kneeling??
Boss said he would be ok i think..

Who knows, it doesn't kick off for 2 years and McMahon spewed all this same hot air in 1999 before it started and ended up delivering on pretty much none of it.

The XFL was about the total opposite of whatever this is. It sounds like a league for Tebow (if they could afford him) and FCS standouts.

I know I’m crazy for thinking this would happen but would love to see AJ Johnson get a chance here

With McMahon money I want to see some backup quarterbacks become stars in XFL

Call Tyler Bray , Brandon Weeden , Christian Hackenburg , Tim Tebow .

I just got half of your quarterbacks right there

Reactions: 1 person
With McMahon money I want to see some backup quarterbacks become stars in XFL

Call Tyler Bray , Brandon Weeden , Christian Hackenburg , Tim Tebow .

I just got half of your quarterbacks right there

He's going to have to pony up a heck of a lot more than $100 million if he's going to get any of them to come over. The old XFL the players made at most about $50K, no way anyone who can still get an NFL backup job turns their back on NFL money for that.

He's going to have to pony up a heck of a lot more than $100 million if he's going to get any of them to come over. The old XFL the players made at most about $50K, no way anyone who can still get an NFL backup job turns their back on NFL money for that.

I personally don’t think it would cost much to get bray . The issue would be is he a free agent by 2020 . Bray has made a decent living being a NFL back up he has to want to show what he can do now

I personally don’t think it would cost much to get bray . The issue would be is he a free agent by 2020 . Bray has made a decent living being a NFL back up he has to want to show what he can do now

If he’s unemployed yeah; if another NFL team offers him, no way in hades he’ll take an XFL job over that.

Depends on job . I think by now bray just wants to show how good he is

Um no....it wouldn't.

I'll say it a third time, there is no way he'd turn down the NFL minimum that for him would be about $800K for being a 3rd stringer to go make $50K to start in a league a small fraction of the NFL's fanbase will even care about. And even if he tore it up in the XFL, it would only show he can do great against worse competition.

You're out of your mind if you think he'd even hesitate to chose starting in the XFL over 3rd stringer in the NFL.

Um no....it wouldn't.

I'll say it a third time, there is no way he'd turn down the NFL minimum that for him would be about $800K for being a 3rd stringer to go make $50K to start in a league a small fraction of the NFL's fanbase will even care about. And even if he tore it up in the XFL, it would only show he can do great against worse competition.

You're out of your mind if you think he'd even hesitate to chose starting in the XFL over 3rd stringer in the NFL.
I agree about bray. I think darick Rogers should be asked, along with aj Johnson, if he's found innocent. There is plenty of talent out there to grab. If they can round up a few college favorites that didn't make it in the NFL for whatever reason, it could be successful.

If Vince wants to make the XFL Work he has to spend money . WWE and XFL Work the same . He needs to spend big bucks on a quarterback that will draw in people . Also needs to spend a little bit to at least get one recognizable player per team

This is going to fail miserably. The actual product on the field in the NFL is the best pro sports product there is. How is a league of rejects going to compete with that?

This is going to fail miserably. The actual product on the field in the NFL is the best pro sports product there is. How is a league of rejects going to compete with that?

It will only work if he embraces that they are a minor league.

The answer is easy . Make your League the opposite of the NFL. The biggest issue I see honestly will be star power .

It will only work if he embraces that they are a minor league.

To me, that's the opportunity. Make something that is attractive for kids leaving HS and wanting to get paid instead of being subjected to the NFL/NCAA cartel arrangement. Hard part is generating fan interest and surviving any change to the current entry restrictions to the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back