Interesting Read About the Power Struggle in NE.

Brady going off on McDaniels a couple weeks ago was just weird. I was wondering what the context was. Brady is a lunatic about this Guerrero guy. This is way too ****ing long, tho. I don't want to read 5,000 words about the Pats. I don't even read that much about my own team.

Brady going off on McDaniels a couple weeks ago was just weird. I was wondering what the context was. Brady is a lunatic about this Guerrero guy. This is way too ****ing long, tho. I don't want to read 5,000 words about the Pats. I don't even read that much about my own team.

Yeah, something was odd about that. QB's miss receivers in every game. That seemed a bit out of place for that part of the game.

Belichick ain’t dumb he is sabotaging the hell out the pats on his way out

All because Kraft wouldn’t let him move on to Jimmy G

My guess is he’s with the Giants next year

For the record Belichick is right at 41 you take Jimmy G over Brady next year

Playing till he’s 45 is a pipe dream

You damn sure don’t lose Belichick and Jimmy G which is what is gonna end up happening to Kraft

Pretty much it sounds like Tom - who’s insistent that he can play until he’s 45 - went over Belicheck to the owner Kraft to get Jimmy Garappolo traded. And the owner sided with the current main jersey and ticket seller, rather than plan for the long term.

Several times this past October, Brady met with Kraft to discuss playing longer. That same month, he also met with Belichick, who was skeptical of a long-term contract extension but was content to start Brady as long as he was the best quarterback. Belichick understood how much Brady had meant to the franchise, and had always insisted privately that he wouldn't move on from Brady unless he could convince the coaching staff of it. But the reality was that no quarterback has ever played at a championship level into his 40s. The meeting ended in a "little blowup," according to a source. Complicating matters was that Garoppolo would be a free agent at the end of this season. Complicating matters more was that Brady and Garoppolo share Yee as an agent

Brady’s been apparently a bit...insecure, for a lack of a better term, about the idea of his future replacement being on the team (combined with his age), and the team ended up unloading him for a lot less than they were offered by teams before the season.

——

Belicheck of course wanted to keep Jimmy:

And complicating matters even more was that Belichick didn't want to trade Garoppolo. He had passed on dealing him last spring, when Garoppolo was in high demand. In early September, Belichick did trade third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for wide receiver Phillip Dorsett. "If we trade Jimmy, we're the Cleveland Browns, with no succession plan," one person inside the organization said earlier in the year. The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. Garoppolo and Yee rejected the offers out of hand, for reasons that remain unclear, and the Patriots knew they couldn't make any promises to Garoppolo about the timing of a transition at quarterback without it getting back to Brady.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Two weeks before the Nov. 1 trading deadline, Belichick met with Kraft to discuss the quarterback situation. According to staffers, the meeting ran long, lasting half the day and pushing back Belichick's other meetings. The office was buzzing. The meeting ended with a clear mandate to Belichick: trade Garoppolo because he would not be in the team's long-term plans, and then, once again, find the best quarterback in the draft and develop him. Belichick was furious and demoralized, according to friends. But in the end, he did what he asks of his players and coaches: He did his job.

It was a steal, leaving Patriots staffers stunned and confused. Why would the game's shrewdest long-term strategist trade two backup quarterbacks in a two-month span when his starter was 40 years old and banged up? And why did Belichick practically give away a quarterback whom the coaches saw as a potential top-10 player for much less than he could have gotten last spring? It made no sense. Belichick handled the trade as he always does, by not explaining it to the coaches and by burying them so deep in work that they didn't have time to gossip.

And perhaps the most telling part after the trade happened:

Brady, though, seemed liberated. Kraft hugged Brady when he saw him that week, in full view of teammates. A few days later during practice, some players and staffers noticed that Brady seemed especially excited, hollering and cajoling. Brady was once again the team's present and future. His new backup, Brian Hoyer, was a longtime friend and not a threat. The owner was in Brady's corner. "He won," a Patriots staffer says.

Seems like Bill is gonna see if Tommy can carry the team to a SB. Then, when he doesn't Bill says "Told ya" and then "F you, I am out"

Patriots win two more before Brady and Belichick retire. Article has ZERO direct quotes. ESPN just made the Pats stronger and created a ridiculous come together story for when the Patriots win again.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope they implode, Belichick walks and NE doesn’t sniff anything for the next 20+ years. They along with Florida are 2 teams I despise with passion and ALWAYS root against. Best news I have heard in awhile.

It's the whole Peyton Manning thing.

VN Store

Back