Black Monday

volsarelife1

Jack Del Rio and Chuck Pagano got it great yesterday.

So far today Jim Caldwell and John Fox are victims.

Last edited:
Marvin Lewis not only survives being let go but is rewarded with a two year extension. My dad is ready to start smashing things as a Cincy fan.

Marvin Lewis gets a two year extension

Hue Jackson wins one game in two years and retained for a third

....but there's racial discrimination against black head coaches..........

Marvin Lewis gets a two year extension

Hue Jackson wins one game in two years and retained for a third

....but there's racial discrimination against black head coaches..........

Jim Caldwell is let go after having the best winning percentage with the lions in the super bowl era. Was it unfair? No.

You and your race baiting can go take a walk.

Reactions: 1 person
Jim Caldwell is let go after having the best winning percentage with the lions in the super bowl era. Was it unfair? No.

He does have a point with both Lewis and Jackson both needed to be let go. I can also see why the Lions let Caldwell go, he has been there 4 years, made the playoffs twice, and hasn't won a playoff game.

I just think its hypocritical that these two get passes for doing piss poor jobs yet other coaches get cut because they suck as coaches. Example Whisenhunt: 1.5 yrs with 3 wins and he's fired mid season.

If you suck as a coach your resume shows it, not because there's racial bias. The race baiting is when there's a requirement a team must interview a potential coach based on their skin color.

He does have a point with both Lewis and Jackson both needed to be let go. I can also see why the Lions let Caldwell go, he has been there 4 years, made the playoffs twice, and hasn't won a playoff game.

I can see why all three should be let go.

However he was absolutely race baiting by bring up that strawman regarding them being retained due to their race.

I just think its hypocritical that these two get passes for doing piss poor jobs yet other coaches get cut because they suck as coaches. Example Whisenhunt: 1.5 yrs with 3 wins and he's fired mid season.

If you suck as a coach your resume shows it, not because there's racial bias. The race baiting is when there's a requirement a team must interview a potential coach based on their skin color.

They aren’t required to hire anyone based on their skin color. If there wasn’t a Rooney rule in place I feel that a ton of qualified coaches would go overlooked.

Hue Jackson surviving inspite of a 1-31 record has nothing to do with race, gender, experience, or ability. That's all about Jimmy Haslam being an idiot who thinks he knows more than anyone else.

They aren’t required to hire anyone based on their skin color. If there wasn’t a Rooney rule in place I feel that a ton of qualified coaches would go overlooked.

If you're qualified, you're qualified. My biggest issue with it is because its a sham. Every owner/GM already knows who they are going to hire and bringing in a token interview isn't going to change that. It is a noble idea in theory but in practice it rarely works.

So you pick out 2 black head coaches as examples? As if there haven’t been a slew of white coaches who keep getting passes, not to mention the retreads like John Fox and Jack del Rio who keep getting hired even though they keep sucking everywhere they go.

Plus you realize the two franchises you reference are 2 of the worst run teams in the NFL, right?

VN Store

Back