Cam Sutton takes former 1st round pick Artie Burns place on the 1st team defense

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Sutton takes Burns' place with 1st team defense on Saturday

With Joe Haden slated to play for the first time in six weeks, Pittsburgh's secondary may look very different on Monday, as the Steelers look to secure a playoff bye with a victory over the Texans.

Cam Sutton received first team reps over Artie Burns -- who received second team reps -- during Saturday's practice, Burns confirmed with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ray Fittipaldo.

So it took Cam Sutton all of 2 weeks to take the starting job opposite Joe Haden away from a former first round pick. :)

Honestly this decision is not surprising. In fact, I predicted it a few weeks ago when some on here were saying that as soon as Joe Haden became healthy, Cam Sutton would be back on the bench. I said nope. That it would be Artie Burns that would be benched. And voila, once Joe Haden got healthy, it was Artie Burns to the bench and Cam Sutton to the starting lineup.

Cam has been great the last couple of weeks while Artie Burns has been trash since he was drafted. I'm glad Mike Tomlin showed some common sense in this situation and started the better player rather than just sticking with the guy who was drafted higher. Too many times teams don't wanna admit they made a mistake with who they took in the first round and stick with that player way longer than they should.

Look for Cam Sutton to be the great NFL corner I said he would be.

Reactions: 10 people
I've been here ten years and never post, but read everything.

Has there ever been a more self congratulatory poster than this guy?

Reactions: 53 people
This is what I tried to tell you before D4H. You come on here with all these, "I told so" posts. That's one reason you get so much flak on VN. By now you should have figured out two truths. No one on VN either believes in your self-presumed vast prophetic powers nor cares. The second is each time you pull this stunt it gives many the pleasure of derively mocking you. But you know, if you're a glutton for mockery, continue by all means. Me? Just trying to help a fellow Vols fan out despite knowing it's a wasted effort. But sometimes miracles do happen, so. . . .

Reactions: 6 people
I've been here ten years and never post, but read everything.

Has there ever been a more self congratulatory poster than this guy?

Just wait till Josh Dobbs becomes the legendary NFL QB I've been saying he will be.

You'll get 10-15 years of me on here reminding ya'll that I said it first. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Remember D4H said Sutton is the next Revis. Lol.

Someone found an even better comparison for Cam. Eric Allen. Great All-Pro cornerback that played 14 years in the NFL and is considered a potential Hall of Famer by many.

From the beginning I said Cam Sutton would be a Hall of Fame player and I ain't budging from it. His style and impact will be similar to Eric Allen. Because the Steelers will win multiple Super Bowls in the future, that team success will propel Cam into the Hall of Fame once his career ends.

Cam Sutton = Hall of Fame talent

I thought Cam spent the summer camp, pre-season and ALL of the 2017 season with the Steelers. Where do you get “all of two weeks” when in truth it’s been closer to a year?
I like what Cam is doing but slow your roll man. You’d have to take “remedial prognostication” for about 5 years just to move up to “laughing stock” status. Right now you’re just annoying clickbait. (Even if the roasting is slightly entertaining).

You’re more of a throw shyte on the wall kinda guy and when something sticks you’re all like, look at my genius. I hope Dobbs does evening you think he will but dude, 2 out 100 still means your WRONG 98% of the time.

Reactions: 1 person
Can someone please dox the 💩 out of D4H I wanna see what this cat looks like.

Doogie Howser.....

self-five.jpg

So it took Cam Sutton all of 2 weeks to take the starting job opposite Joe Haden away from a former first round pick. :)

Honestly this decision is not surprising. In fact, I predicted it a few weeks ago when some on here were saying that as soon as Joe Haden became healthy, Cam Sutton would be back on the bench. I said nope. That it would be Artie Burns that would be benched. And voila, once Joe Haden got healthy, it was Artie Burns to the bench and Cam Sutton to the starting lineup.

Cam has been great the last couple of weeks while Artie Burns has been trash since he was drafted. I'm glad Mike Tomlin showed some common sense in this situation and started the better player rather than just sticking with the guy who was drafted higher. Too many times teams don't wanna admit they made a mistake with who they took in the first round and stick with that player way longer than they should.

2 weeks? Its week 16 bro.

Reactions: 4 people

Way to make Cam's opportunity all about you.

Reactions: 6 people
"Everyone come and see how good I look" - Ron Burgundy
-D4H

Huge Pittsburgh fan. Every single game you will hear the announcer call out # 25 for making some type of mistake. I was worried that eventually he would cost us a game. Now Sutton can play and # 25 can be a back up or play Special Teams

VN Store

Back