1235 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV Page 265. within the forum NFL Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #3961
orangepridenation
Senior Member
 
orangepridenation's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Dec 2009
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,635
Likes: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8188 View Post
He was horrible too. Cutler
Honestly wouldn't want him either lol.

That QB class was just a loud thud compared to the hype it received. I know Cutler had some mild success and longevity, but when you consider it was being compared to '04 and '83 at the time, it's almost laughable looking back at it.
orangepridenation is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #3962
Vol8188
revolUTion in the air!
 
Vol8188's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Mar 2011
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Posts: 24,635
Likes: 17,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepridenation View Post
Honestly wouldn't want him either lol.

That QB class was just a loud thud compared to the hype it received. I know Cutler had some mild success and longevity, but when you consider it was being compared to '04 and '83 at the time, it's almost laughable looking back at it.
He had some good years in Denver and he was the qb Fisher wanted. Fisher is the one who told Shannon to take him
Vol8188 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #3963
orangepridenation
Senior Member
 
orangepridenation's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Dec 2009
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,635
Likes: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8188 View Post
He had some good years in Denver and he was the qb Fisher wanted. Fisher is the one who told Shannon to take him
I didn't know that. I always thought Fisher wanted Leinart.
orangepridenation is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #3964
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Mars
Posts: 47,277
Likes: 23,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
What coulda been had we only drafted Matt Leinart.
Doubtful.
VolsSportsFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #3965
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Mars
Posts: 47,277
Likes: 23,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
Lol. Okay then! While you're in the business of guarantees, please enlighten us and Robinson on who the sure fire coach that can lead us to a Super Bowl is. You know since we don't want a coach that will be a bust and you can help us avoid that.
You're the one claiming Leinhart would have been great here based on nothing more than conjecture; had he even had a decent NFL career you might have an argument, but he did all of jack squat in the NFL.

There's no way you can blame all that on the team he went to. If he was good enough, he would have had an NFL career. He obviously wasn't.
VolsSportsFan is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM   #3966
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Mars
Posts: 47,277
Likes: 23,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepridenation View Post
I didn't know that. I always thought Fisher wanted Leinart.
I always heard Fisher wanted Cutler, Chow wanted Leinhart but was ok with Cutler, and both adamently didn't want Young. I even heard stories that Chow was going off in the war room and almost literally jumping on the table to protest getting Young.
VolsSportsFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #3967
SDV
Senior Member
 
SDV's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Dec 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 27,808
Likes: 16,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
Lol. Okay then! While you're in the business of guarantees, please enlighten us and Robinson on who the sure fire coach that can lead us to a Super Bowl is. You know since we don't want a coach that will be a bust and you can help us avoid that.
Your opinion of of Leinhart is based on pure speculation. My opinion is based on his results, which are facts. If he was good, then he would still be playing. He wasn’t. Look at the players that he had surrounding himself at USC. Bush, Williams, White. Any decent QB would’ve thrived there
SDV is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #3968
JMSqb11
Senior Member
 
JMSqb11's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: May 2011
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 6,889
Likes: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
You're the one claiming Leinhart would have been great here based on nothing more than conjecture; had he even had a decent NFL career you might have an argument, but he did all of jack squat in the NFL.

There's no way you can blame all that on the team he went to. If he was good enough, he would have had an NFL career. He obviously wasn't.
Big difference. Leinart would have been set up better in Tennessee because of coaches and roster. Way better here than in Arizona. Also, I never claimed he would have been great. I don't deal in Guarantees like others in this thread. He would have been set up to succeed a hell of lot more in Tennessee than in Arizona.
JMSqb11 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #3969
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Mars
Posts: 47,277
Likes: 23,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
Big difference. Leinart would have been set up better in Tennessee because of coaches and roster. Way better here than in Arizona. Also, I never claimed he would have been great. I don't deal in Guarantees like others in this thread. He would have been set up to succeed a hell of lot more in Tennessee than in Arizona.
Yeah, I'm sure you just meant he would have had a better shot for success when you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
What coulda been had we only drafted Matt Leinart.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post

Leinart coming to TN in the draft would have dramatically changed his career as we literally hired his college OC the year before.
Keep on dancing back there D4H.
VolsSportsFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #3970
GreveHaller
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Posts: 6,985
Likes: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
I always heard Fisher wanted Cutler, Chow wanted Leinhart but was ok with Cutler, and both adamently didn't want Young. I even heard stories that Chow was going off in the war room and almost literally jumping on the table to protest getting Young.
I doubt that story happened. Even if they 'wanted' Cutler you dont pick him at #4. That years we needed a QB and there were three great candidates on the table: Leinhart, Young, and Cutler. Leinhart was a Heisman winner and Young had led his team to a NC at Texas. Then there Cutler. Never played in a post season bowl, never lead a team to a season over .500. There's no way in hell you take Cutler over those two.

If they wanted Cutler then they could have traded down to get him or rolled the dice and taken another player. In the end taking Cutler at #4 would have been stupid.


oh......but in hindsight, it might have turned out better. But that's hindsight
GreveHaller is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #3971
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV
Location: Mars
Posts: 47,277
Likes: 23,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreveHaller View Post
I doubt that story happened. Even if they 'wanted' Cutler you dont pick him at #4. That years we needed a QB and there were three great candidates on the table: Leinhart, Young, and Cutler. Leinhart was a Heisman winner and Young had led his team to a NC at Texas. Then there Cutler. Never played in a post season bowl, never lead a team to a season over .500. There's no way in hell you take Cutler over those two.

If they wanted Cutler then they could have traded down to get him or rolled the dice and taken another player. In the end taking Cutler at #4 would have been stupid.


oh......but in hindsight, it might have turned out better. But that's hindsight
Sure there is; just because the other 2 had a lot of success in college doesn't mean they possess the tools to be great or even good NFL QBs. Plus Cutler was at freakin' Vandy, back when they were really terrible instead of just kinda bad. I'm not going to hold it against him that he never led them to a bowl game consider at that time they hadn't been to one in 23 years.
VolsSportsFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.