Budweiser wants your opinion on NFL

Backwards K

Budweiser wants your opinion about whether or not they should stop advertising with the NFL over the National Anthem controversy. In case you wondering, Budweiser spends $1.5 Billion on advertising with the NFL That breaks down to $46 million per team. Here is the ad they have posted asking you what you think:

Should Budweiser keep sponsoring the NFL? Let them know how you feel! Call 1-800-DIAL BUD (342-5283) and press 1 for their stand on the NFL and then leave a message. Takes less than a minute.

I would love it if Budweiser would drop the NFL. I think the NFL might finally change its policy on marijuana.

Budweiser calls their beer America and uses flag patterns and the statue of liberty to sell their product, which is against flag etiquette. They've literally exploited the flag and people's national pride for their financial gain.

Meanwhile, rednecks who sit on their couch during the anthem and wear American flag t-shirts to the lake are calling up Budweiser to complain to them about how others are disrespecting the flag....

budweiser-statue-of-liberty.jpg

images

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I would love it if Budweiser would drop the NFL. I think the NFL might finally change its policy on marijuana.

Budweiser calls their beer America and uses flag patterns and the statue of liberty to sell their product, which is against flag etiquette. They've literally exploited the flag and people's national pride for their financial gain.

Meanwhile, rednecks who sit on their couch during the anthem and wear American flag t-shirts to the lake are calling up Budweiser to complain to them about how others are disrespecting the flag....

budweiser-statue-of-liberty.jpg

images

I know you’ve only recently read up on flag etiquette and like to consider yourself an expert while ignoring flag burners, kneeler, sitters and such - but intent does go a long way.

Reactions: 2 people
I know you’ve only recently read up on flag etiquette and like to consider yourself an expert while ignoring flag burners, kneeler, sitters and such - but intent does go a long way.

Star scout, bro.

Intent does matter but kneeling is not a sign of disrespect. I believe the sitters are disrespecting the flag. I believe the kneelers can honestly claim they mean no disrespect.

The irony is AB is basically a foreign corporation or controlled by one at this point. The microbrewery establishment (if there is one) looks at them as evil at this point. AB has been trying to buy microbreweries as people have been trending towards microbreweries and local microbreweries in particular. I try to drink local as much as possibly and smaller breweries, support local -- I try to stay away from the large breweries like AB although occasional I will have some. I have always thought the typical American beer taste like water.

So, in essence, the protest on AB products has already been in effect for me. Craft beer cos. have been saying to boycott AB bought microbreweries. Funny.

Craft brewers boycott brands acquired by Anheuser-Busch - Business Insider

Pretty much microbreweries for me, with occasional foreign beer - Miller and AB LOL Tastes like water to start with and second who needs all these huge corporations.

The irony is AB is basically a foreign corporation or controlled by one at this point. The microbrewery establishment (if there is one) looks at them as evil at this point. AB has been trying to buy microbreweries as people have been trending towards microbreweries and local microbreweries in particular. I try to drink local as much as possibly and smaller breweries, support local -- I try to stay away from the large breweries like AB although occasional I will have some. I have always thought the typical American beer taste like water.

So, in essence, the protest on AB products has already been in effect for me. Craft beer cos. have been saying to boycott AB bought microbreweries. Funny.

Craft brewers boycott brands acquired by Anheuser-Busch - Business Insider

Pretty much microbreweries for me, with occasional foreign beer - Miller and AB LOL Tastes like water to start with and second who needs all these huge corporations.

It's lake, beach or golf course beer.

It's lake, beach or golf course beer.

Pretty much. The trends in a lot of these connection products/services have actually been a few years in the making whether its sports, nfl, cable cutters, anti-globalism, buying local, buying microbrewery, etc.

One of my favorite La. breweries is Abita, they actually have some good food there as well - beer I love Amber, Purple Haze and they do a Fall beer Pecan. If AB/Miller buys them -- I'll stop drinking it. :) North Carolina has some good microbreweries... they are opening all over the place -- every month it seems like there is a new one.

I really like the Brewery Beer in downtown Gatlinburg, good stuff there.

AB just bought Kiltlifter from 4 Peaks here in Tempe, which i am happy about because it deserves mass distribution.

VN Store

Back