Did the Raiders throw this week's game? (No, no they did not)

HoptownVol

If this story is true, then the league is on the verge of collapse. An article in Deep Route claimed that the Raiders threw their game on Sunday because the Carr and Del Rio stood for the anthem, while the rest of the team took a knee. They reported one lineman said "If he (Derek Carr) wants to stand on the sideline, he can stand alone out on the field." The article has since been pulled. Listen to the podcast for more details.

There were 3 bungled snaps and Carr was harassed and sacked 4 times, he was only sacked once per game (edit) last season.
I was concerned the league might divide itself along racial lines, locker room fights are next.

http://thepoliticalinsider.com/oakl...Newsletter-9-29-17-afternoon&utm_medium=email

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What the hell is this link, OP? The author goes simply by "Thomas" and the link to his source doesn't work.

I work in SEO and I'm almost positive this is a paid article placement, but I could be wrong. I am genuinely curious. Hop, do you read thepoliticalinsider.com or did you just happen upon this article?

I work in SEO and I'm almost positive this is a paid article placement, but I could be wrong. I am genuinely curious. Hop, do you read thepoliticalinsider.com or did you just happen upon this article?

I've seen some of their stuff, I was sent the link. Do we get to play shoot the messenger now? Woohoo

What I know is that they are a conservative site, you want the author's name and address so you can send Antifa to harass his wife and kids? And thats pretty inflammatory stuff for a "paid placement."

I've seen some of their stuff, I was sent the link. Do we get to play shoot the messenger now? Woohoo

What I know is that they are a conservative site, you want the author's name and address so you can send Antifa to harass his wife and kids? And thats pretty inflammatory stuff for a "paid placement."

WTF?

I'm just wondering why an author wouldn't put his full name on something, especially in this case. The author hasn't said anything offensive.

It’s hilarious to me that people take this stuff seriously

Its equally hilarious to me that there are still people so sheltered out there they think this kind of thing is out of the question. I don't know if this story is true but considering the state of things its entirely plausible.

WTF?

I'm just wondering why an author wouldn't put his full name on something, especially in this case. The author hasn't said anything offensive.

Hello, its a conservative website. If the guy wants to protect his identity its probably for a good reason.

Its equally hilarious to me that there are still people so sheltered out there they think this kind of thing is out of the question. I don't know if this story is true but considering the state of things its entirely plausible.

It is 150% out of the question. Calling this a dumbass tinfoil hat conspiracy is probably too generous.

Reactions: 2 people
Hello, its a conservative website. If the guy wants to protect his identity its probably for a good reason.

The folks over on brietbart use full names.

That’s neither here nor there.

I am though quite skeptical that guys would throw a game. When dudes are out here giving up their bodies in a game of violent real estate acquisition, I just don’t see them taking an L for the sake of doing over a teammate.

I am though quite skeptical that guys would throw a game. When dudes are out here giving up their bodies in a game of violent real estate acquisition, I just don’t see them taking an L for the sake of doing over a teammate.

Of course its neither here nor there, it was dumb to even bring it up, thank you for acknowledging that.

I guess I'm alone in the belief that this NFL thing is more explosive than it appears. Carr had 118 yards, took 4 sacks, and threw his first 2 INTs of the season. Maybe he had a bad night. Or maybe it was something else, again not entirely out of the question.

This is such BS. Come on that article is not legit in any way shape or form

Of course its neither here nor there, it was dumb to even bring it up, thank you for acknowledging that.

I guess I'm alone in the belief that this NFL thing is more explosive than it appears. Carr had 118 yards, took 4 sacks, and threw his first 2 INTs of the season. Maybe he had a bad night. Or maybe it was something else, again not entirely out of the question.

And the 2 picks were on Carr himself. And when you throw two picks, you usually lose. Whoa, crazy

I’ve got to pause you right there, because I feel like I have been misunderstood. The quality of the source absolutely matters. I am more likely to give credibility to a place like The NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street journal, heck even Fox News over some blog posting about what they heard on a radio show.

If I went out here bringing up stuff on here about trump and I used huffington post as my main source I would get torched.

Last edited:
What's that phrase a certain someone loves to use.....oh yeah...."fake news".

Good lord...Carr has a bad game. HOLY SH** a good NFL QB has a bad game, that's NEVER happened before.

Smh.

Reactions: 2 people
And the 2 picks were on Carr himself. And when you throw two picks, you usually lose. Whoa, crazy

I agree and more importantly, so does General Neyland.

The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.

If anyone throws a game, it may be in the form of someone like the Colts or the Giants just playing pathetically because 1) the season ain't going anywhere and 2) better draft pick.

Its about the $$$ brah

VN Store

Back