His Team Left Him on that Field....Alone

Nerwen Aldarion

Tennessee Girl
DKgUtWpUQAU9Gsk.jpg

This is Alejandra Villenueva. He was the only player on the Steelers to leave the locker room and come out and stand for the anthem.

He graduated from West Point, served three tours in Afghanistan and was awarded the bronze star.

And he was the ONLY player on his team to show respect for the anthem and the flag.

This is why people are angry, this is why people are upset. This incredible man understands why you are supposed to stand for the anthem, because the red in that flag represents the blood of his brothers and sisters who have fought and died for this nation which gives his teammates the right to sit on their butts while he stands.

I never thought I would see the day where an entire team disappoints and disrespects one of their own.

Reactions: 15 people
Again, you're making a lot of assumption here.

You have no idea if he feels disrespect or disappointed by his team.

Reactions: 1 person
They stayed in that locker room because they WANT to disrespect the anthem, because they hate their country. There is no other excuse.

Reactions: 5 people
I picture a locker room filled with pampered children. Who play with a ball for a living. And the one guy who made the sacrifice to commit himself to serving the country - and was deployed to Afghanistan 3 times and earningsd a bronze star - he walked out there to stand for the anthem. And those children sat there and watched him walk out there by himself. Unbelievable. Makes me sick

Reactions: 9 people
U all just don't understand !!!!!!! Keeping a team in the locker room is the smartest move I can make glad my Titans did the same . If u let me stand on the sidelines they are forced to either disrespect there teammates or Trumps America .

They stayed in that locker room because they WANT to disrespect the anthem, because they hate their country. There is no other excuse.

No, they dont. They hate injustice, prejudice, and inequality thats being spearheaded by the sitting POTUS. Its disgusting.

Reactions: 3 people
No, they dont. They hate injustice, prejudice, and inequality thats being spearheaded by the sitting POTUS. Its disgusting.

They're protesting a country that "oppresses black people".

The kicker is that they started this protest while a black President was in office. Not Trump. Rich, pampered, and earning millions playing with a ball for part of the year. On it's face is absurd. Bogus just like the fabricated "hands up don't shoot" claim.

They're desperate attention seekers who want to be relevant. The easiest way for them to do it is with the race card. Sad!

Reactions: 2 people
They're protesting a country that "oppresses black people".

The kicker is that they started this protest while a black President was in office. Not Trump. Rich, pampered, and earning millions playing with a ball for part of the year. On it's face is absurd. Bogus just like the fabricated "hands up don't shoot" claim.

They're desperate attention seekers who want to be relevant. The easiest way for them to do it is with the race card. Sad!

At this point they are protesting Donald Trump who thinks they are "sons of *****es" and should lose their job for exercising their constitutional rights. All while saying a few weeks ago that there "was some good people" in the white supremacist group in Charlottesville.

At this point they are protesting Donald Trump who thinks they are "sons of *****es" and should lose their job for exercising their constitutional rights. All while saying a few weeks ago that there "was some good people" in the white supremacist group in Charlottesville.

Out: Black oppression in the age of a black President
In: Donald Trump

These seem like serious people...

If you'd provide concrete examples outside of the feels arguments typical of the left, this country might get somewhere.

As it stands, the biggest purveyors of injustice, violence, hatred, and conviction against the basic liberties and freedoms guaranteed by the best liberal societies come from the left.

See: UC Berkeley, Boston, and anywhere the stain on society known as ANTIFA operates.

Do you live near Charlottesville?

I do. I saw the local coverage and video from people I know and trust of the events, from our governor lying about the presence of weapons caches (what?) and the organizations present, to the Charlottesville PD funneling legally permitted protesters through armed 'counter-protesters' after confiscating everything from signs to masks from the protesting side.

There are people interested in a divide, and if you continually choose to expose yourself to one side you're intentionally intellectually bankrupting yourself.

The national anthem isn't sung to honor the POTUS. It's to honor the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for this nation. That's who these entitled brats are disrespecting.

I don’t feel like he needed to apologize. That’s coming from someone who is all for what the players, coaches and owners did.

yeah, and he never should have been put in a position where standing for the national anthem threw his teammates under the bus

VN Store

Back