Let the Grumors begin again

It definitely could be interesting to see him land an NFL job. (Titans? lol) He says he's not interested in college, though.

While Gruden didn’t reveal what the right situation would be to prompt him to leave ESPN and dive back into battling the media and fan expectations in the coaching world, it won’t be in college football. In the past, Gruden’s name had been linked to previous openings at Notre Dame, Tennessee, Miami and Ohio State, but Gruden admits that after doing his research he wouldn’t be able to handle the limited amount of time that players can practice and be at the football headquarters watching film.

“Yeah, when I first got fired I went to Alabama and spent a couple of days with Nick Saban,” Gruden said. “Then I went to Oregon and spent four or five days out there with Chip Kelly – just to see two polar opposite programs that were very successful. I was very determined to be a college coach. Then I realized that if I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation within four or five weeks.

“Too many rules, man. I mean I like to work. I don’t like to be working 15 hours a week with players. The recruiting, Facebook, texting, e-mails – all that stuff. Yeah, I’d probably have you in real deep, deep trouble if I was your college coach.”

Reactions: 3 people
First thought that came to my mind...

"This is the second time he's done this to me. There will be not be a third."

Attachments

• IMG_3328.jpg
    IMG_3328.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 person
He was never going to coach in college and may not have been a good fit at the college level anyway. He is an extremely demanding guy but Saban is too so you never know.

...in the NFL.

While Gruden didn’t reveal what the right situation would be to prompt him to leave ESPN and dive back into battling the media and fan expectations in the coaching world, it won’t be in college football. In the past, Gruden’s name had been linked to previous openings at Notre Dame, Tennessee, Miami and Ohio State, but Gruden admits that after doing his research he wouldn’t be able to handle the limited amount of time that players can practice and be at the football headquarters watching film.

“Yeah, when I first got fired I went to Alabama and spent a couple of days with Nick Saban,” Gruden said. “Then I went to Oregon and spent four or five days out there with Chip Kelly – just to see two polar opposite programs that were very successful. I was very determined to be a college coach. Then I realized that if I became a college coach I would probably have you on probation within four or five weeks.

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-gruden-wants-to-coach-again-likes-bucs-playoff-chances/

WRaSz.gif

Reactions: 10 people
Dont need or want him coaching the Vols.

Considering that I agree with your statement, you'll probably get roasted for saying that.

But yea, Gruden has no reason to be a college HC. He's already got it made doing Monday night commentary with LESS responsibilities & stress.

VN Store

Back