NFL Top 100 Players

Persian Vol

I should be studying.
Is this not one of the stupidest lists you've seen? Prescott at 15? JJ Watt in the top 50 despite barely even playing this year? Matt Ryan at 10 despite being the league MVP?

100-50 all seemed relatively deserving for their placement, but then there was a few questionable choices. Why was Cam Newton at 44? That didn't make any sense at all, and it only started to snowball from there.

Is this not one of the stupidest lists you've seen? Prescott at 15? JJ Watt in the top 50 despite barely even playing this year? Matt Ryan at 10 despite being the league MVP?

Prescott was a head scratcher, JJ Watt very much so deserves to be in the top 50, probably top 20. Matt Ryan at 10 sounds about right. Eric Berry was 13, that's awesome.

Reactions: 1 person
If JJ Watt got 50th, I'd say half the players are voting on who they think is best and the other half are voting on who had the best 2016.

Reactions: 1 person
Prescott was a head scratcher, JJ Watt very much so deserves to be in the top 50, probably top 20. Matt Ryan at 10 sounds about right. Eric Berry was 13, that's awesome.

Considering...
no former MVP has ever been less than #2 on these rankings.

Matt Ryan's single season passer rating last season was #4 all time (rivaling 2007 Brady).

Matt Ryan's postseason passer rating last year for QBs who've made it to the Super Bowl is only behind 1989 Joe Montana.

Other than you basically saying Matt Ryan's season was a fluke and he's not that good, there is no argument for why he could possibly be #10.

Considering...

Matt Ryan's single season passer rating last season was #4 all time (rivaling 2007 Brady).

Matt Ryan's postseason passer rating last year for QBs who've made it to the Super Bowl is only behind 1989 Joe Montana.

Other than you basically saying Matt Ryan's season was a fluke and he's not that good, there is no argument for why he could possibly be #10.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Well it looks like Cam Newtons year last year was a fluke when you look at this year, but he's still in the top 50. Some players get more respect than others, for unknown reasons.

You act like #10 sucks or something. His peers voted his as the 10th best football player in the world, be happy.

You act like #10 sucks or something. His peers voted his as the 10th best football player in the world, be happy.

No other MVP has been less than #2. The fact that he had a phenomenal season even for MVPs and to be ranked all the way at 10 is ridiculous. If Aaron Rodgers posted those numbers and had the season Matt Ryan had he would be #1 without a doubt. Matt Ryan is never going to get any recognition. People will just find excuse after excuse to try to prove that last season was a fluke. When Cam Newton has a great year he's coming of age and is a breakout star, when Matt Ryan has a great year it's just a fluke.

So many people obsess over Julio, but ask most falcon fans and it's Matt Ryan who they appreciate the most.

Cam did that in his 5th season, as one of the best athletes in football. Ryan did it in his 9th, after 8 years of being good-but-not-great. Of course they're looked at differently. That's not evidence of a bias against Atlanta, it's not exactly a small market

Cam did that in his 5th season, as one of the best athletes in football. Ryan did it in his 9th, after 8 years of being good-but-not-great. Of course they're looked at differently. That's not evidence of a bias against Atlanta, it's not exactly a small market

I never said there was bias against Atlanta. I'm just saying Uber athletes like Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers will get more praise than dorky looking people like Matt Ryan if they were to have identical stats.

I never said there was bias against Atlanta. I'm just saying Uber athletes like Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers will get more praise than dorky looking people like Matt Ryan if they were to have identical stats.

Peyton Manning was pretty dorky-looking. Ryan's problem is that he's played like a superstar for 1-2 seasons out of 9. Those other guys get more praise because they've done it before or are younger

Matt Ryan is partially a victim of his own success. He was good right away and got dubbed "Matty Ice" but then he was 1-4 in the playoffs after 8 years in the league and I think the high expectations everyone had created a souring effect. Peyton went through the same thing, except he was 3-6 in the playoffs after 8 years. It might not be fair, but that's how big names are treated until they win a SB.

I think Matt Ryan is a hell of a player. Top 5 quarterback right now and probably eventually a hall of famer when all is said and done, but I think he had a "stars-aligned" type of season this past year statistically. Newton is a freakish athlete and was borderline unstoppable in '15 as a dual threat, and Rodgers is the most talented all-around QB the league has seen in 20 years, if not ever.

I don't think having Ryan at 10 is any kind of disrespect, even if he is an MVP. Hell, if Mariota ever cracks the top 10 of this list I will be thrilled, even if it's just at #10.

Jeezus, butthurt over a Top 100 that was assembled by the actual players. Take it up with the NFLPA, tell them you want more deference to Atlanta fans' inferiority complex next year. :eek:lol:

Considering...

I don't think anyone is saying he's not good. He was picked as the #10 over all player. Nothing wrong with that.

But if you look at his 9 years in the NFL, 2016 kinda stands out as flukish.

His 9.26 ypa is definitely a fluke. Not saying he didn't earn it. But only 4 qbs have had a 9+ ypa season since 2003. Probably won't happen for anyone for another 2-3 years.

VN Store

Back