Mr Irrelevant: Chad Kelly

VolnJC

So what does he get...a free AK-47? :)

AK47-lamp-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
A one week celebration and parade in his honor.

In my opinion, he's a threat if he can recover from injuries and learn to keep his anger/emotions restrained under control by making a conscious decision to have a plan to resist the urge to act on impulse when situations pop off. Some people have to work harder on that and have to come up with a plan in advance they can rely on to keep themselves out of trouble. They must be willing to put that work in on it so that with the passing of time, they can show they have grown out of the childishness and matured into men.

A one week celebration and parade in his honor.

In my opinion, he's a threat if he can recover from injuries and learn to keep his anger/emotions restrained under control by making a conscious decision to have a plan to resist the urge to act on impulse when situations pop off. Some people have to work harder on that and have to come up with a plan in advance they can rely on to keep themselves out of trouble. They must be willing to put that work in on it so that with the passing of time, they can show they have grown out of the childishness and matured into men.

I agree...I love to watch the guy play...he can make the throws and he is elusive..I'm shocked he wasn't drafted higher

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah, besides the report I read about him threatening to spray up a nightclub with his AK-47, (which I suspect could have easily been when he was drunk or otherwise not in his right frame of mind) the only other incident that seemed to get a lot of press was when his younger brother was the victim of a late hit out of bounds. A brawl between both teams broke out, but from what I understand, although Kelly left his seat in the stands to come help his brother, he didn't actually fight anybody and was more there just to protect his brother with his presence of support.

The media got a hold of it and it seemed like the next thing you know, people got the story wrong and made it sound like he was someone who was actually fighting when he wasn't.

I agree. I enjoyed watching him play too. He seemed to have an accurate, strong cannon for an arm and make good decisions quickly.

My question and concern for him is his injury status and how long it will take him to recover for football shape or if the injury was one of those that most people consider a career-ending injury. For his sake, I hope he recovers.

Reactions: 1 person
The guy is definitely immature...but I thought he was the best QB when he was healthy[/QUOTE

A good pick at that spot. If he gets his head right and can deal with the pay cut (hotty toddy pays well) he might stick

Reactions: 3 people
Chad Kelly was good at Ole Miss in 2015, but I see him as a Johnny Manziel type in the NFL. He's not that intelligent and he's unwilling to work hard enough to succeed in a much more demanding environment. I can see why he was taken with the last pick as the Broncos have nothing to lose, but I'd be surprised if he developed into an NFL starter. I'd take Dobbs or Peterman over him any day.

So what does he get...a free AK-47? :)

AK47-lamp-4.jpg

He gets a week long paid vacation in Newport Beach, California, He and his family are invited to spend a week there and enjoy a golf tournament, a regatta, and a roast of the new draftee.

Last edited:
He's got to be the most talented Mr Irrelevant that I can remember. If he can get his head screwed on right, he could have a future in the league. That's a big IF, though.

Reactions: 2 people
He's got to be the most talented Mr Irrelevant that I can remember. If he can get his head screwed on right, he could have a future in the league. That's a big IF, though.

For sure.

I think Denver is a good place for him to land. No pressure

Don't think it's a head thing with him. If he can stay healthy, he could have a lot of success in the NFL IMO.

VN Store

Back