Miles Garrett

utchs81

Well he has the pick and the money but are the concerns about his drive real. Well it is Cleveland, Oh well.

I think he can have the necessary drive.

I think Barnett is the best end in this draft. I really do.

I just can't ignore the lack of production by Garrett against the best of the best. I also can't ignore Barnett's ability to get it done against the best of the best.

Reactions: 17 people
I think he has elite talent, but when he said he "...had no interest in the all-time NFL sack record because he didn't envision himself playing that long", I would have given serious thought to passing on him. If you've ever heard him interviewed, he has a real Arian Foster vibe about him. He's got way too many interests outside of football for my taste. Not necessarily bad things in and of themselves, but enough to make me question his passion for the game for a #1 overall pick.

Reactions: 3 people

I just can't ignore the lack of production by Garrett against the best of the best. I also can't ignore Barnett's ability to get it done against the best of the best.

Clearly you haven't heard about his love of poetry.

NFL scout and former GM told me he thinks Barnett is a great football player but an avg athlete.

Derek Barnett #14 to the Eagles! Boom!

I don't like the Eagles but I love Barnett! Have a great career and take it easy on those Cowboy QBs!

Reactions: 1 person
Wouldn't be my first choice of places for him, but I wish him the best. VFL...

Same here. I really wanted to see him in Carolina or KC. I'd almost bet the farm that if Philly hadn't taken him, the Ravens likely would have.

MG in 3 years 81 solo, 60 ast, 141 total, 47 tfl, and 31 sacks

DB in 3 years 131 solo, 67 ast, 198 total, 52 tfl, 32 sacks

Both superb DE's

18 SEC games each
MG-11 sacks 17 tfl
DB-21 sacks 32.5 tfl

DB is superior in every way when it comes to playing football, and by a long shot when playing tough comp. Measurables are cool for the combine, stats tell what you did when you played football. Ive never got why DB didnt get more hype than he did but im tickled MG is the one cursed to the Browns.

Reactions: 3 people
NFL scout and former GM told me he thinks Barnett is a great football player but an avg athlete.

Give me heart every time. The kid I coached with the most talent never even made it to college and the kid I coached with the most heart was drafted in the first round of MLB draft.
Barnett IS going to have a much better career, and that's not my orange colored glasses talking here, he has the heart! He carried the team in his last game when most blue chips skipped their bowl game!

Reactions: 1 person
Garrett will be mediocre at best. His agent and advisors can tell him to make any statement they want to make him look bettr but he already made it clear he didn't want to play in cold weather, so the browns mine as awell just put him on IR at the end of every october.

Garrett will be mediocre at best. His agent and advisors can tell him to make any statement they want to make him look bettr but he already made it clear he didn't want to play in cold weather, so the browns mine as awell just put him on IR at the end of every october.

Cleveland is a graveyard

^gets it

dude got like a third of his sacks this yr against UTSA...

UTSA... :birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back