NY Giants to Release Victor Cruz

He had the best season in Giants history for a WR in the 2011 championship season, but it was time. Cruz and Jennings being cut were the first items I wanted the Giants to take care of in the offseason.

Calvin Johnson laughs

Calvin Johnson was a better WR but not more exciting. Cruz got so open bc he ran amazing routes and was scary with the ball in his hands. I find that more exciting than a physically dominant WR.

Calvin Johnson was a better WR but not more exciting. Cruz got so open bc he ran amazing routes and was scary with the ball in his hands. I find that more exciting than a physically dominant WR.

Cruz was a good receiver the way T.Y. Hilton or Emmanuel Sanders are good receivers. You're acting like he was Odell Beckham

Cruz was a good receiver the way T.Y. Hilton or Emmanuel Sanders are good receivers. You're acting like he was Odell Beckham

All I said was that he might have been the most exciting WR.

Btw, i think Sherman said Hilton was the toughest mark in the NFL

Last edited:
All I said was that he might have been the most exciting WR.

Btw, i think Sherman said Hilton was the toughest mark in the NFL

Yeah, it's subjective. I just can think of a few guys who make jaw-dropping plays on a regular basis, and while Cruz has a couple of them, I wouldn't put him in that category.

It'd be fun if he ended up in Philly or something.

Yeah, it's subjective. I just can think of a few guys who make jaw-dropping plays on a regular basis, and while Cruz has a couple of them, I wouldn't put him in that category.

It'd be fun if he ended up in Philly or something.

I'm a Cowboys fan & don't support anything about the Giants but I have to defend Cruz a bit here. He's been injured an awful lot in the past 3-4 years. That's why his numbers have went down & he's not the same player anymore.

I compare him to how things went with Miles Austin who used to be a Cowboy until injuries robbed him of his career. Miles had 2-3 good/great seasons but after injuring his knee he was never the same after that. The Browns found that out after paying him a pretty good sum for a 3 year deal where he did very little.

VN Store

Back