I'm not the biggest fan of Brady but

TrueOrange

after tonight's game - regardless of anyone's thoughts on who might have or have not choked or what determined the game - he deserves to be called GOAT at the QB position. He's earned it.

Reactions: 5 people
after tonight's game - regardless of anyone's thoughts on who might have or have not choked or what determined the game - he deserves to be called GOAT at the QB position. He's earned it.

Nah..he ain't never gonna beat Montana to me. He is great though. But the whole Pats organization is excellent.

Nah..he ain't never gonna beat Montana to me. He is great though. But the whole Pats organization is excellent.

I still sort of agree on Montana, I mean unless a QB goes 5-0 in Super Bowls, he's going to own that 4-0 record probably forever.

But damn, Brady is just clutch.

He is unreal. His ability to not panic is the best I've ever seen in football. It reminds me of how Michael Jordan was when he got in a zone.

He is better than Manning. We can stop being homers now. 5 Super Bowls to 2 Super Bowls.

Reactions: 4 people
Montana didn't have to be "clutch"..except for that one all time greatest clutch performance against Dallas, but he was pretty much just excellent all the time. They just straight blew people out.

He is better than Manning. We can stop being homers now. 5 Super Bowls to 2 Super Bowls.

Brady is great. You can't deny what he has done in his career. I still feel like he a cog in the Bellichick machine though.

Manning elevated how the QB position is played across the league but Brady has the titles. Most will always defer to titles though.

Reactions: 1 person
I still sort of agree on Montana, I mean unless a QB goes 5-0 in Super Bowls, he's going to own that 4-0 record probably forever.

But damn, Brady is just clutch.

Montana had a lot of one and dones in the playoffs to though to help that 4-0 record. Brady gets to the AFC Championship game and beyond over and over and over and over.

Brady has excelled with so many different WR's RB's and lineman that you have to give him credit period. Hate him all you want, but give him his due.

Would Montana have thrown for 466 yards to Danny Amendola, Malcolm Mitchell, James White, etc., at 39 years of age?

Reactions: 2 people
That game was a microchasm of how good and lucky he is.

He was terrible for an entire half against an average D. He was missing throws. He threw a bad pick 6. He put his team in a huge hole...

He had 5 passes batted up in the air. 5. Not one of them was picked off. 2 of them were caught by his teammates.

He threw a terrible ball at the goal line in OT that should have been picked.

There should have never been a window of opportunity...two horrible calls by the Falcons to pass instead of run, changed the entire complexion of the game....

...but the fact remains that there WAS a tiny window of opportunity and he made the best of it. Unreal win to cement his legacy.

Brady has excelled with so many different WR's RB's and lineman that you have to give him credit period. Hate him all you want, but give him his due.

Yeah, but the D...falcons O scored just 21 when they averaged like 34 ppg. He had elite D on 4 of those 5 titles.

That game was a microchasm of how good and lucky he is.

He was terrible for an entire half against an average D. He was missing throws. He threw a bad pick 6. He put his team in a huge hole...

He had 5 passes batted up in the air. 5. Not one of them was picked off. 2 of them were caught by his teammates.

He threw a terrible ball at the goal line in OT that should have been picked.

There should have never been a window of opportunity...two horrible calls by the Falcons to pass instead of run, changed the entire complexion of the game....

...but the fact remains that there WAS a tiny window of opportunity and he made the best of it. Unreal win to cement his legacy.

That microchasm of a tiny little window certainly was a cosmic opportunity :)

I just don't see Montana doing the same as Brady with the same teams, over all those years, throwing to all those receivers.

FIVE superbowls.
Winner of biggest SB comeback and 1st SB OT on the opening drive of OT.

BRADY IS THE SB GOAT!

Manning is THE GOAT

4 SBs, won 2

Manning NFL Records as of Mar 2016. May have lost some this season. Don't know yet.

1) NFL career passing touchdown record: 539
2) Most passing yards, career: 71,940
3) Single season touchdown record (2013): 55
4) Most passing yards, season (2013): 5,477
5) Most wins (including playoffs): 200
6) Most games throwing for 300+ yards: 93
7) Most passing touchdowns in a single game (tied, 2013): 7
8) Most games with a passing rating higher than 105: 97
9) Most games with a perfect passer rating of 158.3: 5
10) Most seasons with 350+ completions: 10
11) Most games completing 80-percent passing: 19
12) Most game-winning drives: 56
13) Most comeback wins: 45
14) Highest completion percentage in a postseason game with 450+ yards (2005): 81.8
15) Highest yards-per-game, season (2013): 342.31
16) Most games with 4+ touchdown passes: 25
17) Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 14
18) Most consecutive seasons with 25+ touchdowns: 13
19) One of two quarterbacks to ever beat all 32 teams (along with Brett Favre)
20) First quarterback to beat 31 franchises: 2007
21) Most Associated Press NFL MVP awards: 5 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013)

But my all time favorite QB is Roger Staubach. In 11 years with Dallas he played in 5 SB's, started 4, won 2. Not a GOAT, but my favorite.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back