The Los Angeles Chargers

Yeah, I seriously doubt LA cares enough about football to support two teams.

I liked the Rams move, don't like this one. I know it's about the stadium situation, but I wish they could have stayed in SD.

LA won't support 2 NFL teams. Hell, I don't expect the support for the Rams too last long either.

The excitement for the Rams lasted maybe half the season until they realized they sucked. I see no way LA is going to care about 2 teams that suck.

Say what you will about SD, but they supported the Chargers until it became obvious they were leaving. I guess some might make the trip to LA to watch, but overall I expect the support to be crap.

There is some strong talk that the other NFL owners are against this move, so it's not a given yet.

The excitement for the Rams lasted maybe half the season until they realized they sucked. I see no way LA is going to care about 2 teams that suck.

Say what you will about SD, but they supported the Chargers until it became obvious they were leaving. I guess some might make the trip to LA to watch, but overall I expect the support to be crap.

There is some strong talk that the other NFL owners are against this move, so it's not a given yet.

Agree with entire post

The stadium nonsense is almost enough for me to swear off pro sports. These ****ing billionaire owners are bleeding taxpayers dry. Makes me sick.

Reactions: 4 people
The stadium nonsense is almost enough for me to swear off pro sports. These ****ing billionaire owners are bleeding taxpayers dry. Makes me sick.

Wasn't the majority of the money going to come from an hotel tax increase?

Wasn't the majority of the money going to come from an hotel tax increase?

Businesses don't pay taxes. People do.

Either way, this serves as an indirect tax on all the people. Hotel taxes discourage tourism which directly hurts the hotels and businesses associated with tourism, and that bleeds over into the entire local economy.

New logo
mDZl_OpH.jpg

I don't understand how the NFL think they'll get LA money from teams that are not good. The city has proven it won't back a team unless the team is good.

Reactions: 1 person
It's sad to me that a team like the Chargers leaves a place like San Diego where they have a pretty strong fanbase, yet a team like the Jaguars stay in Jax where they continue to cover up seats with tarp because no one goes.

Reactions: 1 person
It's sad to me that a team like the Chargers leaves a place like San Diego where they have a pretty strong fanbase, yet a team like the Jaguars stay in Jax where they continue to cover up seats with tarp because no one goes.

Winning solves everything and the Jags haven't won in awhile.

Man this entire thing keeps getting better. Now they announce they'll play the next 2 seasons in the StubHub Center. You know...the 30K seat stadium the LA Galaxy play in.

The owner looks like spoilt brat. Read on ESPN that he will have to pay around $550 million in relocation fees to the NFL. I'm sure that money could have been used for the new stadium nicely.

VN Store

Back