Saturday, 4:25
Raiders @ Texans

Saturday, 8:15
Lions @ Seahawks

Sunday, 1:05
Dolphins @ Steelers

Sunday, 4:40
Giants @ Packers

Unless the Dolphins upset the Steelers, the Patriots are essentially gift wrapped a trip to the AFC championship game. The AFC will most likely come down to the Pats and the winner of the Chiefs/Steelers matchup.

I'm thinking Seattle wins at home on primetime, as they almost never lose in those situations. Other than that, I really have no idea what to expect from the NFC side. I think the NFC is much deeper this year than the AFC.

Raiders @ Texans

Lions @ Seahawks

Dolphins @ Steelers

Giants @ Packers

Unless the Dolphins upset the Steelers, the Patriots are essentially gift wrapped a trip to the AFC championship game. The AFC will most likely come down to the Pats and the winner of the Chiefs/Steelers matchup.

I'm thinking Seattle wins at home on primetime, as they almost never lose in those situations. Other than that, I really have no idea what to expect from the NFC side. I think the NFC is much deeper this year than the AFC.

I don't see how having to play the Dolphins again would terribly impede the Patriots in the playoffs, in all honesty.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree that the NFC is pretty wide open. I think Seattle beats Detroit and then loses. But any of Dallas, Atlanta, Green Bay and the Giants are capable of winning the conference IMO.

AFC will be Pats-Steelers. I think everyone here knows this by now but I think Pittsburgh wins

I don't see how having to play the Dolphins again would terribly impede the Patriots in the playoffs, in all honesty.

Well they probably won't put up much of a fight either.

Think about this. The Patriots have 3 possible opponents. The Dolphins, Texans, and Raiders. None of them have their starting quarterback. The Patriots are probably the best team in the AFC, but between their regular season schedule and their early playoff competition, they sure have had it easy.

If Seattle manages to win, which I doubt, they'll play at Atlanta the next week without Earl Thomas.

Yay

Fun Facts

The Falcons have a greater point differential than the Packers, Seahawks, Lions, and Giants.

The Patriots have a greater point differential than the entire AFC field combined,

The Packers have never lost a home playoff game in the super bowl era until Vick's Falcons upset them in 2002. Since 2002, the Packers are 4-5 in Lambeau in the playoffs.

In Fact, the 07 and 11 Giants Superbowl teams had one thing in common. A road win in Lambeau. Eli Manning is undefeated in Lambeau during the playoffs, with a 2-0 record. Eli is 8-1 in his last 9 playoff games.

Matt Ryan is a career 1-4 in the playoffs. Of those four losses, all teams that defeated the Falcons went on to go to the super bowl.

Since Carroll has arrived in Seattle, they are 6-0 in home playoff games. On the road however, they are 1-3. Their one win was a 10-9 win at Minnesota last year.

Since 2001, the Patriots have never lost to a franchise in this years AFC field in the postseason, that includes Big Ben's Steelers.

Last edited:
Agree that the NFC is pretty wide open. I think Seattle beats Detroit and then loses. But any of Dallas, Atlanta, Green Bay and the Giants are capable of winning the conference IMO.

AFC will be Pats-Steelers. I think everyone here knows this by now but I think Pittsburgh wins

I take back Green Bay. I forgot how atrocious their pass defense was. Falcons vs. winner of Cowboys-Giants IMO

Other than the Raiders-Texans, this actually looks like a decent slate of games for wild card weekend.

EDIT: Never mind. I keep forgetting Tannehill is injured. At least the NFC side looks solid.

Other than the Raiders-Texans, this actually looks like a decent slate of games for wild card weekend.

EDIT: Never mind. I keep forgetting Tannehill is injured. At least the NFC side looks solid.

Personally I don't think the lions have much of a chance in Seattle. I feel the only truly relevant game is the Giants/Packers.

Raiders @ Texans

Lions @ Seahawks

Dolphins @ Steelers

Giants @ Packers

Having watched less than 3 total NFL games this season I am going to throw this against the wall...

Raiders
Seahawks
Steelers
Giants

Texans
Seahawks
Steelers
Giants

All of these are hard to pick, IMO. Should be a good weekend of football.

Texans beating the Raiders
-The raiders offense went from great to bad with Carr out of the lineup. Their defense was pretty mediocre to begin with. The Texans at least have a solid defense, and are at home. I say Texans by at least 10 points.

Seattle beating the Lions
-Stafford has not been the same and their team as a whole hasn't been great at all down the stretch. Both teams are spiraling downwards, but I'll give it to Seattle since they are at home. But I don't think the Seattle wins by more than a TD. This will probably be a low scoring game.

Steelers beating the Dolphins
-I admire what the Dolphins have done this year, but I can't see them winning on the road in Pittsburgh. Although I don't personally think the Steelers are much of a threat as people make them out to be. I think they are beatable.
Steelers probably win but I think it will be close.

Giants beating the Packers
-This is probably the toughest one to predict, but I think the Giants come out on top. Their defense is the best in the NFC at the moment, and their biggest weakness(offense) won't look nearly as bad considering they are playing a mediocre Packers defense. I think they get just enough explosive plays on offense to allow their defense to contain Rodgers. Giants win a close one.

If Rodgers keeps playing like he has Green Bay has a legit shot at it. Atlanta has been getting good play out of their defense. Dallas has been solid all year. Atlanta is probably the most underrated team in playoffs IMO.

If Rodgers keeps playing like he has Green Bay has a legit shot at it. Atlanta has been getting good play out of their defense. Dallas has been solid all year. Atlanta is probably the most underrated team in playoffs IMO.

Atlanta didn't have enough primetime exposure this year for people to notice.

VN Store

Back