Pink Slip Monday in the NFL thread

508mikey

3 are gone early (LA, Jacksonville and Buffalo) feel free to post as they go down -- Im guessing at least 5 or more clean out their desks

3 are gone early (LA, Jacksonville and Buffalo) feel free to post as they go down -- Im guessing at least 5 or more clean out their desks

I think five is probably too many this year. Mike McCoy is the only sure fire change at this point.

I think five is probably too many this year. Mike McCoy is the only sure fire change at this point.

I think you forgot to add Marvin Lewis to the sure fire change. 14 years with Cincinnati, zero playoff wins, and the Bengals are sitting at home this year.

I think you forgot to add Marvin Lewis to the sure fire change. 14 years with Cincinnati, zero playoff wins, and the Bengals are sitting at home this year.

Dude has somehow managed to milk the clock almost as long as Fisher did in TN. And that's without the token SB appearance or, as you said, even winning a playoff game.

You'd think but I bet he'll be back. I have no idea how he keeps his job, he has almost nothing to show for his time in Cincy.

I think if the Lions miss the playoffs Caldwell is gone.

Fox is probably gone in Chicago -- the Cardinals coach failed badly this season also -- he might be gone too -- the Texans GM should be fired for signing Osweiler to that crazy contract even though they made the playoffs -- forgot to add the Jets coach is likely gone too

Last edited:
Fox is probably gone in Chicago -- the Cardinals coach failed badly this season also -- he might be gone too -- the Texans GM should be fired for signing Osweiler to that crazy contract even though they made the playoffs -- forgot to add the Jets coach is likely gone too

Sources have already said that Bowles is coming back. The only way Arians isn't in Arizona next season, is if he retires. No way he gets fired.

Reactions: 1 person
Sources have already said that Bowles is coming back. The only way Arians isn't in Arizona next season, is if he retires. No way he gets fired.

Sucks to be a Jets fan -- maybe they arent even going to try until Brady and BB are gone from NE

The Denver job is not appealing as some people make it out to be. Taking a job with no proven quarterback and a bad offensive line is a recipe for disaster. If the Colts position opens up, I believe that will probably be the best job available. If Luck can just get a few pieces on the offensive line, I believe he's an elite quarterback, and can certainly make the playoffs in that sorry division, in comparison to the strong AFC west.

The Denver job is not appealing as some people make it out to be. Taking a job with no proven quarterback and a bad offensive line is a recipe for disaster. If the Colts position opens up, I believe that will probably be the best job available. If Luck can just get a few pieces on the offensive line, I believe he's an elite quarterback, and can certainly make the playoffs in that sorry division, in comparison to the strong AFC west.

I'm sure some coaches agree, but if I was in their shoes, I'd rather have the Denver job. Do some O-line work this off season, bring in Romo on a short deal, and that's probably still a super bowl contender. Luck is great, but other than tanking for him, that organization has done nothing to prove they're committed to being a perennial contender. They do have an easier division currently, but that's not very predictable going forward, as I could see TEN and JAX improving just as easily as I could see KC and SD descending.

VN Store

Back