NFL to up it to 4 games played in London starting in 2017

Because everyone has been begging for more of these.

Next we'll get Thursday Night Football doubleheaders

Because everyone has been begging for more of these.

Next we'll get Thursday Night Football doubleheaders

It's an extra game. You don't have to watch. I would be all for a doubleheader.

They need to do a better job of marketing the early game. I would watch if weren't out in the yard working because I forgot/didn't know football was on early. It's happened to me like 3 times over the years.

They need to do a better job of marketing the early game. I would watch if weren't out in the yard working because I forgot/didn't know football was on early. It's happened to me like 3 times over the years.

Neither is really an extra game, just a game moved to a different time or place that usually leads to poor quality of play

Neither is really an extra game, just a game moved to a different time or place that usually leads to poor quality of play

It's an extra game because instead of being played at the same time as 5 other games, it gets its own time slot...

More games for me, same amount for you. Everyobody's happy and that's why the NFL is #1.

I grew up in the west and really liked the NFL starting at 10. I like the London games only because they start early. I like having a background game. If the NFL is becoming oversaturated with games it would be the result of a constant Thursday game, not an early Sunday game 3-4 times a year. FTR I'm not complaining about the games.

I heard recently the NFL was considering a 1pm est start time for the London games. That would be a mistake. NFL discussing moving start times of London games in order to improve ratings

Have yet to watch a single London game. Probably won't until the Titans play in one. Have the London games really been as s****y as I hear people say?

It's been selling out in London. I think that (and gauging the TV ratings in the area and nearby countries) might be mostly what they care about.

Last edited:
It's an extra game because instead of being played at the same time as 5 other games, it gets its own time slot...

More games for me, same amount for you. Everyobody's happy and that's why the NFL is #1.

I know how time slots work...

If that's the best argument in favor of TNF, in 2016 when every game is online, then I'm even more convinced that it sucks. Oh, and in "everybody," you forgot the actual players who make the game what it is

I've always wanted to go to London. I might go if the Titans play there

I know how time slots work...

If that's the best argument in favor of TNF, in 2016 when every game is online, then I'm even more convinced that it sucks. Oh, and in "everybody," you forgot the actual players who make the game what it is

Except for you said it's not an extra game, when it is.

It's not an extra game. It's an extra national TV game, which doesn't matter all that much with 2016 Internet

OMG...most people don't watch 5 games at once, so it doesn't matter if there is the internet or not, it still has to be in another time slot to be enjoyed by more fans.

Do you get it, yet? I'll give you the semantic win...it's an extra "national TV game" but the point remains the same, it satisfies more fans. I can't believe you dragged this out.

OMG...most people don't watch 5 games at once, so it doesn't matter if there is the internet or not, it still has to be in another time slot to be enjoyed by more fans.

Do you get it, yet? I'll give you the semantic win...it's an extra "national TV game" but the point remains the same, it satisfies more fans. I can't believe you dragged this out.

My point is that if the best argument in support of TNF is "It's an extra timeslot...albeit one that usually leads to a sh*tty game that no one watches and the players hate," there shouldn't be more of it. 4 days rest isn't a great look for a league claiming to support player safety

And just start over with those hideous uniforms. Good God.

Change the color scheme and incorporate the Union Jack into it somehow. That might actually look pretty cool.

It's too bad they didn't get to use their original uniform concept (ripped off the Jaguar logo) because it was pretty cool looking.

But yeah the crap they have now is just...awful. That helmet is so bush league it's not funny. I'm not sure what's up with the FL NFL teams, the Bucs' updated uniforms are terrible too. I don't mind the Dolphins but their throwbacks are much better.

VN Store

Back