Jalen Hurd to declare

Foolish decision. Late round or undrafted free agent at best. His quitting is what will keep a lot of teams from using a pick on him. Maybe someone will bite.

Reactions: 14 people
If he really wants to go the tight end route, sit out a year and get the practice reps, then get a year on film playing as a tight end. You can't go into the combine as a RB that wants to be a TE and expect teams to use a pick on you especially with the questionable nature of leaving a team mid season.

Reactions: 2 people
He was "at best a decent receiver out of the backfield"?? What was that guy watching? Hurd was outstanding catching the ball out of the backfield. He was better at that and pass protection than he was at actually running the ball imo.

Anywho, he really has no choice but to go ahead and declare. Only takes one team to take a chance on an athletic guy with good size. Curious to see if he tries to get drafted at rb or TE.

Hurd will be a Derrick Henry type back. In proper a system with an NFL line he can make it in the NFL.

If he really wants to go the tight end route, sit out a year and get the practice reps, then get a year on film playing as a tight end. You can't go into the combine as a RB that wants to be a TE and expect teams to use a pick on you especially with the questionable nature of leaving a team mid season.

JMO

Never a serious thought about TE or WR. I think he got enough positive feedback as a RB to go ahead. Just never really felt transfer was a serious option whatsoever.

Kid cost himself a few million.

Had he been all in this season and put up comparable numbers to last year he would have been no later than a 2nd round pick.

I wish him well though.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he will be drafted and get a chance. But quitting on his team mid-season will cost him a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back