NFL 16-17 MVP Race

Persian Vol

I should be studying.
Who is leading this years race in your eyes? Is it Matt Ryan who leads in practically every passing statistic? Is it Tom Brady who has a 130+ QBR? Is it a youngster like Derek Carr or Ezekiel Elliot?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Who is leading this years race in your eyes? Is it Matt Ryan who leads in practically every passing statistic? Is it Tom Brady who has a 130+ QBR? Is it a youngster like Derek Carr or Ezekiel Elliot?

What do you guys think?

Matt Ryan will win it.

Elliot and Dak are having fantastic years for rookies, but I don't see them as legitimate MVP candidates.

Elliot may break a few rookie records. Dak is playing like a 5 year veteran.

If Dallas keeps winning, they will both be in the discussion.

And trust me, its not as if I like saying this.

Zeke is good but come on he's got the best offensive line in the league.

Julio Jones, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr are my top three

Zeke is good but come on he's got the best offensive line in the league.

Julio Jones, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr are my top three

Everyone wants to say Matt Ryan is getting carried by Julio. As a diehard Falcons fan I have to disagree. Even when Julio has off days, Matt Ryan is still putting up huge numbers.

Stafford won't have the wins nor the stats.

Well, I disagree. He's 5-4 and the Lions have 3/4 at home against the Jags, Saints, Vikings (who they just beat) and Bears. It's nowhere near a guarantee but playoffs in the NFC North isn't impossible at all.

He's also ranked (this is through week 8 BTW)

8th in yards
4th in completion percentage
9th in YPA
T-6th in TD's

Plus he's got three bad defenses coming up in Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Chicago coming up. Then you add the narrative of his clutch comebacks and the fact Detroit wasn't supposed to achieve anything this year, he's definitely got a chance.

Reactions: 1 person
You forgot 4th in passer rating too. I think Stafford is a great QB, he's just not gonna be anywhere near the top as fas as MVP voting goes.

I think Zeke and Zak will end up taking votes away from each other.

Ryan is the probable front runner. Though Brady will be right there in the mix as well.

A lot of people are putting Brady over Ryan (for whatever idiotic reason), so I don't think stafford is or will get enough love to win it

Brady's team goes 3-1 without him, using 2 different QBs and no Gronk. In light of that, not sure how he can be on the MVP watch list after 4 games. 4 games is a hot streak. Ryan has been doing it for over half the season.

If Brady is still doing this at the end of the season, then yeah.

Brady's team goes 3-1 without him, using 2 different QBs and no Gronk. In light of that, not sure how he can be on the MVP watch list after 4 games. 4 games is a hot streak. Ryan has been doing it for over half the season.

If Brady is still doing this at the end of the season, then yeah.

This exactly. I think at this point, if his name wasn't Tom Brady and the media wasn't painting this as "Tom Brady's Revenge", he wouldn't be getting this much attention. If this was happening with a player like Andy Dalton for example, no one would be talking about Andy Dalton for MVP after playing 4 games. If Andy Dalton does it, it's a hot streak, if Tom Brady does it, he is GOAT

This exactly. I think at this point, if his name wasn't Tom Brady and the media wasn't painting this as "Tom Brady's Revenge", he wouldn't be getting this much attention. If this was happening with a player like Andy Dalton for example, no one would be talking about Andy Dalton for MVP after playing 4 games. If Andy Dalton does it, it's a hot streak, if Tom Brady does it, he is GOAT

Well Brady is the GOAT. You feeling triggered, maybe you need to find a safe space to calm yourself.

Peyton Manning is GOAT

Idk why you are eager to pick a fight

Have you checked Manning's record against Brady? I guess that doesn't count. And I'm not picking a fight, I
just don't think you have anything to crow about except for your team's record. And bravo Atlanta and Matty
Ice. But nobody from Atlanta is going to win the MVP, sorry.

VN Store

Back