Week One Review

VOLINHTOWN

BACK TO FOOTBALL! There are few times of the year better than early September. Football is back and I couldn't be happier. What we learned in Week #1...

The more things change the more they stay the same... Browns fans again have to immediately start thinking and dreaming about next year; Despite improvements on paper the Titans found a way to lose a game without giving up a single offensive touchdown; and Jeff Fisher looks like he'll be back home in Montana to enjoy the Holidays. Likewise Belichick is still a chess player among a landscape of checkers players. No Brady, no Gronk, patchwork OL, missing defensive stars, no problem!; Jags begin their season of moral victories; and the single star on the Cowboys helmet continues to be a rating under Jones' leadership.

The Rankings
Top 7

#1. New England - How can you legitimately argue anyone else here? You go cross country with your B team and knock off a legit SB contender on the road to start the season. Doesn't get more impressive than that.
#2. Pittsburgh - Survived a sluggish start and put away a decent team on the road. IF the Steelers stay healthy, there's no reason to think they won't stay at the top of the ratings.
#3. Green Bay - The run game was disappointing but with Aaron Rogers and that easy schedule, the Packers will be another legit SB contender.
#4. Seattle - They're not always pretty but somehow they just win, baby! That home field advantage remains the best in the NFL
#5. Denver - So long as they continue to not beat themselves, the Broncos will remain a tough out for anyone.
#6. Kansas City - Looked terrible for 3 quarters but they woke up in time to take care of business. Not flashy, just solid.
#7. Carolina - Keep them away from the Broncos and they're actually pretty good.

Bottom 3

#30. Tennessee - Don't think they'll stay here but they earned it this week. If you can shut down AP and not allow the Vikings offense to sniff the end zone and STILL lose...you've done something special.
#31. Cleveland - Not that it likely would have made that much difference but all RGIII had to do was slide. What is it about Cleveland that makes players go brain dead as soon as they put on that uniform?
#32. LA Rams - Pathetic is not a strong enough word. There are STILL idiots here in Houston that think we made a mistake by not sticking with Keenum. SMH

I was not that impressed by the Chiefs. They should have never been down by that much and SD stopped moving the ball because Keenan Allen was out. KC couldn't stop a full strength SD team and it's not like SD is that good.

Siemian made some good plays but also made a couple of mistakes. Good thing is he gets a complete garbage defense in Indy this week with which to gain more experience against.

In truth KC did not impress me at all either. And possibly I value them more because my Texans are currently their b*tch. LOL But I do honestly respect the way they are built from the inside out. They are one of only a few throwbacks in that regard in my opinion. We are going to find out much more about them (and my Texans) this week!

Red zone channel is king. My Sunday shift at work just got a whole lot more interesting.

VN Store

Back