Chris Berman Announces Retirement

lee-corso1.jpg

I wonder if this could be one of those force outings?

Chris Berman?s agent denies report of looming retirement | ProFootballTalk

I don't know why people hate him so much. I like him, but even if you don't particularly like him, who do you replace him with? The odds that they find somebody more entertaining than him aren't that great. Most commentators are boring.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't know why people hate him so much. I like him, but even if you don't particularly like him, who do you replace him with? The odds that they find somebody more entertaining than him aren't that great. Most commentators are boring.

I agree, i like him.

I agree, I like the guy, but I'm also not a baseball fan so I only see him for a few months a year during football season.

Unless you saw him in context in the 80s, you can't possibly know how unique he was. On air reporting was supposed to be dry and sterile; then here comes this goof ad libbing intentionally bad nicknames.

Reactions: 4 people
I always liked Berman. Him and Stuart Scott (RIP).

Unless you saw him in context in the 80s, you can't possibly know how unique he was. On air reporting was supposed to be dry and sterile; then here comes this goof ad libbing intentionally bad nicknames.

Wasn't that an amazing time? Instead of the 5 minute sports at the end of the news...we got an whole hour of Sportscenter

Yeah, Berman is great. ESPN never should have turned him loose on a golf course, but he's one of a kind.

Meanwhile they give that idiot Musberger a multi-year contract. :banghead2:

I hung out at a bar with this guy in San Diego one time. He was in town for the Super Bowl, I believe it was 2002. He was on crutches and when he walked in the bar we approached him and said hello. He asked us to stay with him throughout the night to keep people away from him. He bought our drinks all night and then went home with two younger ladies. He was cool as hell

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back