NFL Draft Grades

VolnJC

I'll post some of the expert grades..but I thought we could give our own here..1st what did you think of your team's draft and who do you think had the best one?

Pittsburgh did what they had to do with their first 3 picks : Improve the defense.

A for the Broncos. Got a QB, got lots of depth, and got a steal with Booker just before the run on RBs.

I'm going to give KC a B...they took a good DT with the first pick, but CB, OG, WR were the needs..I like the Hogan pick late

Rd 2 - #6(37) Chris Jones (DT) Miss St
Rd 3 - #11(74) Keivarae Russell (CB) Notre Dame
Rd 4 - #7(105) Parker Ehinger (OG) Cincy
Rd 4 - #8(106) Eric Murray (CB) Minnesota
Rd 4 - #28(126) Demarcus Robinson (WR) Florida
Rd 5 - #23(162) Kevin Hogan (QB) Stanford
Rd 5 - #26(165) Tyreek Hill (WR) West Alabama
Rd 6 - #3(178) D.J. White (CB) Ga Tech

Panthers did good, imo. They got a huge d linemen and two good sized corners. The roster is in pretty good shape imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Panthers did good, imo. They got a huge d linemen and two good sized corners. The roster is in pretty good shape imo.

Not sure I agree. I love Butler but the next pick was a reach. We are the only team that even had him in for a private work out. DG even sort of admitted it was a reach.
Can't believe we took three CBs with only five total picks. I'm still salty about not keeping JNo for the franchise year.

Not sure I agree. I love Butler but the next pick was a reach. We are the only team that even had him in for a private work out. DG even sort of admitted it was a reach.
Can't believe we took three CBs with only five total picks. I'm still salty about not keeping JNo for the franchise year.

I really wanted Tennessee to grab Butler in the 2nd.

SB Nation have their grades out..They gave my Chiefs a B.... and five teams gots As... Bills, Bears, Vikings, Giants, Chargers, and 49ers

NFL Draft grades 2016: Which teams won the draft? - SBNation.com

Titans got a B

Tennessee Titans

1 (8). Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State

2 (33). Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson

2 (43). Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State

2 (45). Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

3 (64). Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee State

5 (140). Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts

5 (157). LeShaun Sims, CB, Southern Utah

6 (193). Sebastian Tretola, G, Arkansas

7 (222). Aaron Wallace, LB, UCLA

7 (253). Kalan Reed, CB, Southern Miss

Best pick: Sharpe - It may be a surprise to see a fifth-round pick as a best pick, but Sharpe was a smart pickup. In an offensive with Dorial Green-Beckham and Kendall Wright, Sharpe can be a dependable safety valve for Marcus Mariota.

Questionable pick: Conklin - This pick is only questionable because Laremy Tunsil is so good. If Conklin happens to struggle and Tunsil is as good as expected, there will be a lot of questions for the Titans.

New Titans general manager Jon Robinson worked the draft aggressively. He traded down from No. 1 to No. 15 and then back up to No. 8. There he took offensive tackle Jack Conklin. He's a good system fit, but it was surprising to see him get picked ahead of Laremy Tunsil. Robinson attacked his needs with three second-round picks, grabbing pass rusher Kevin Dodd and defensive tackle Austin Johnson to help the defense. Both help the run game, and Dodd should be able to get after the quarterback. Don't be surprised when Derrick Henry beats DeMarco Murray for the starting running back job.

In the fifth round, the Titans got a solid wide receiver in Tajae Sharpe. He's not a star athlete, but he has good hands and toughness. Cornerback LeShaun Sims is a four-year starter at Southern Utah. He has solid size and good athleticism. Sixth rounder Sebastian Tretola is a player who will stick early as a backup, but he has the size to be turned into a starter at some point.

Overall grade: B

Don't really believe in this sort of thing, but in the spirit of participation.... C+

Titans - no doubts at all: A. Anybody that thinks Conklin cannot dominate at RT is on drugs. Add in that there is no known baggage. He can also play LT in a pinch as he has for MSU. if they took Tunsil he was headed to LT with a switch of Lewan to RT. Double development issue.

Nearly all the analysts are in on the next four. Some question Henry but recognize the value to the Titans. Then there are Sharpe, Simes and Tretola. Home run draft. Totally changes the tone and builds a tough as nails identity.

Reactions: 2 people
I am just now realizing the entire AFC south had a great draft. It will be fun to watch that division develop and compete over the next few years.

I'm giving my Cowboys a B-. If the pick of Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round works out then the grade moves up to a B+ or A-.

I'm worried that Green Bay didn't do what was necessary to get a middle linebacker earlier in the draft

VN Store

Back