Manning won't play for Broncos, regardless

lawgator1

Peyton Manning Reportedly Won't Return to Broncos If He Continues Career | Bleacher Report

I'm not all that familiar with current NFL QB vacancies, but I would think that if he wanted to keep playing he'd have to take a huge pay cut and it would be a one,possibly two, year deal.

My guess is he rides off into the Sunset and makes some more advertising money.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Whatever happens I hope he doesnt have to put up with all this media crap thats been going on

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think he has it in him to play anymore. He had a great career, I would hang up the cleats though, and I'm sure he will.

Maybe he could bring back the true player-coach. Go to another team as OC, but keep his uniform on and be the backup QB if needed. Have the headset and all.

Might be a problem though if he's up in the booth. That would take a while to get to the field.

Reactions: 2 people
Peyton Manning Reportedly Won't Return to Broncos If He Continues Career | Bleacher Report

I'm not all that familiar with current NFL QB vacancies, but I would think that if he wanted to keep playing he'd have to take a huge pay cut and it would be a one,possibly two, year deal.

giphy.gif

You are not familiar with NFL quarterbacks because Timmy Tebow was a BUSTO! And, replaced by Sir Peyton Manning.

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever happens I hope he doesnt have to put up with all this media crap thats been going on

The media will do everything in their power to ruin Peyton Manning's reputation. It's called "jealousy" and people will always be jealous of all his accomplishments. Can't really blame them though considering he's the G.O.A.T.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe he could bring back the true player-coach. Go to another team as OC, but keep his uniform on and be the backup QB if needed. Have the headset and all.

Might be a problem though if he's up in the booth. That would take a while to get to the field.

The Longest Yard style?

giphy.gif

He will retire of get cut by March 9th.. No way the Bronocs would pay him 15mil plus for next season.. Retire March 8th

After this week, he could be pretty sour on the media. Hard to imagine him wanting to work for ESPN or SECN, since they have been dragging all the Mannings through toxic sludge.

I hope I never hear "ride off into the sunset" again.

Manning should go be GM for the Giants.

giphy.gif

Yeah, they'd have to make a whole new deal or an extension with him. He's in the last year of that really back-loaded contract...with this year taking up $21.5 mil of their cap space (and the cap penalty only being a loss of $2.5 mil for cutting him).

Los Angeles has reportedly been interested in pursuing him if he still plays next year (or at least talked about it within the organization and let that news "leak" to ESPN)...but that seems like him being used as more of a publicity/fan draw during their first year in the new(er) market, personally.

After this week, he could be pretty sour on the media. Hard to imagine him wanting to work for ESPN or SECN, since they have been dragging all the Mannings through toxic sludge.

Still leaves the football coverages of CBS and FOX

Houston is the only team that makes sense (if a healthy AF), but I think he should retire.

I'm sure he knows even the media is just trying to make a check. If they can make money by making him look bad so be it, if it takes something else it will happen. Scandal pays the bills.

Houston is the only team that makes sense (if a healthy AF), but I think he should retire.

I don't think Houston's interested in a 1-year scenario with him (granted they seem to be more in a "anybody but Hoyer" mindset in that front office at the moment)

LA makes sense...but as more of a "sports celebrity bringing more fans to games."

I can't see him playing another year, really. He can heal up some in the offseason, but his body has been through a lot, and the road is headed downhill. He said he admired the way Ray Lewis went out. He has the chance to go out the same way. Hope he takes it.

I'll be surprised if Peyton doesn't announce his retirement plans in the next few weeks......what a career he's had and I think of all the records he's set......WoW

Your the Man,
Peyton Manning!
Go Vols

From listening to various accounts of what he said to the team prior to winning the Super Bowl, I think he retires.

The media will do everything in their power to ruin Peyton Manning's reputation. It's called "jealousy" and people will always be jealous of all his accomplishments. Can't really blame them though considering he's the G.O.A.T.

If it's jealousy, then why isn't the media ruining the reputations of Calvin Johnson, Tom Brady, JJ Watt, Von Miller, Russell Wilson, Tim Duncan and LeBron James?

Rumor is that Foster will get cut anyway. LA would make sense, but I think he will and should retire.

I assume he doesn't want to play NFC, like he said last time he was an FA.

He's nuts to come back. Poor guy is going to miss it so much.

VN Store

Back