Super Bowl Question

Peyton did not need the votes of the media to be a champion...he let his ability do the talking!

1...what's the point?

I guess you must not have been around when "The Heisman Trophy" was named after Peyton's senior season. Peyton had clearly shown himself to deserve the award but jealousy on the part of the media and a disgust for UT prevented him being selected as the winner.

Not only was Peyton denied the award, but Johnny Majors was snubbed in 1956 as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess you must not have been around when "The Heisman Trophy" was named after Peyton's senior season. Peyton had clearly shown himself to deserve the award but jealousy on the part of the media and a disgust for UT prevented him being selected as the winner.

Not only was Peyton denied the award, but Johnny Majors was snubbed in 1956 as well.

No Jim Brown was snubbed in 1956.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm just laughing at the fact that someone is using the number of Super Bowl wins now in Manning's favor after years of arguing against it meaning anything when the number wasn't in his favor.

Reactions: 1 person
No Jim Brown was snubbed in 1956.

You are mistaken. Paul Hornung won the award in 1956. This was after leading a losing team, which Johnny or Peyton never did. At least, I can't remember Majors or Manning ever playing on a losing college team.

I'm just laughing at the fact that someone is using the number of Super Bowl wins now in Manning's favor after years of arguing against it meaning anything when the number wasn't in his favor.

Are you on drugs, or did you get plowed during the 50th Super Bowl?

You are mistaken. Paul Hornung won the award in 1956. This was after leading a losing team, which Johnny or Peyton never did. At least, I can't remember Majors or Manning ever playing on a losing college team.

Nobody wanted to give an African american the award back then. Brown was clearly the greatest force of dominance in college football for over half his time with Syracuse.

His successor at Syracuse won it a couple years later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Holy ****

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back