30 for 30: The '85 Bears

I still have my Refrigerator Perry GI Joe figure.

Been looking forward to watching this special for a while. It was supposed to be on last Thursday, but they bumped it a week for some reason. I've got it recorded and will watch it this weekend.

It was really good. The one on the Duke lacrosse case looks great as well.

you know what i got out of that thing last night? that the Bears were morons. they could have been a dynasty. things just mixed right for that one year, but there was no real leadership, except apparently from Buddy Ryan, go figure...? he left, and they never could capture it again.

that's what i'm excited about for the Panthers. while i see a lot of similarities to that 85 Bears team, in that their personalities are similar--haveing fun, loose etc.--one big difference is that i think this team can make a run over the next 3-5 years, and i don't think any one personality is sooo big that it will take down what this team has been built on thus far.

you know what i got out of that thing last night? that the Bears were morons. they could have been a dynasty. things just mixed right for that one year, but there was no real leadership, except apparently from Buddy Ryan, go figure...? he left, and they never could capture it again.

that's what i'm excited about for the Panthers. while i see a lot of similarities to that 85 Bears team, in that their personalities are similar--haveing fun, loose etc.--one big difference is that i think this team can make a run over the next 3-5 years, and i don't think any one personality is sooo big that it will take down what this team has been built on thus far.

My only concern would be "the disease of more". Pat Riley was right on how it affects championship teams. The individuals want more, so individual priorities become more important than team success. Just from a talent standpoint, the Panthers should be a better team next season, but the chemistry and camaraderie of this season may be hard to repeat.

My only concern would be "the disease of more". Pat Riley was right on how it affects championship teams. The individuals want more, so individual priorities become more important than team success. Just from a talent standpoint, the Panthers should be a better team next season, but the chemistry and camaraderie of this season may be hard to repeat.
i agree. no one really knows how winning sunday will affect the individual.

i just have to think with the culture they've created over there, that it has to actually mean something. Jerry R has been very deliberate in what he's modeled this franchise after, that being the Pittsburgh Steelers. so my gut says that if they continue to stick to the principles that got them this far, then that will be what guides them thru the next 3-5 years as well. and Cam is going to be the tone setter. how he handles it will be the most important. (should we win that is)

and it certainly seems to be a stronger culture than what they apparently had in the mid 80's in Chi town.

The scene with Buddy and Mike was moving. Also a nice update on Jim McMahon. Maybe the best defense in NFL history.

They win 2 in a row but for the cheap shot by the Packers.

They win 2 in a row but for the cheap shot by the Packers.

No guarantee they win a second straight. They still would have been the number 2 seed that year regardless of the injury to McMahon. Don't know if they would have been able to beat the Giants on the road.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back