Remember what they said about Cam Newton?

Merrill Hoge should have to apologize to Cam personally for the shots he took at him.

Reactions: 1 person
Hoge has always and will always be an imbecile. This is the same dude that said Brian Brohm was the future of the Packers and not Aaron Rodgers.

Reactions: 4 people
My observation of Cam. He has grown as a player in the fact he is driven. If past seasons you could see him coasting, taking plays off. He has learned no matter your talnet level you have to make every play count in the NFL. Now if he would grow up and stop with the look at me antics. Ya know just hand the ball to the ref, high five a teammate and go to the bench, he could be very special over 12-15 years. Big If.

My observation of Cam. He has grown as a player in the fact he is driven. If past seasons you could see him coasting, taking plays off. He has learned no matter your talnet level you have to make every play count in the NFL. Now if he would grow up and stop with the look at me antics. Ya know just hand the ball to the ref, high five a teammate and go to the bench, he could be very special over 12-15 years. Big If.
What does any of this have to do with his ability to play football?

Reactions: 3 people
Those antics are about to make him the next mega star and a lot more money so good for him

Reactions: 5 people
It has everything to do with respect from his peers. If he cares about that or he just cares about "look at me"

Where is your proof he doesn't have the respect from his peers? Seems like the only ones whining about it are the stuffed shirts watching from home.

He's playing a game for crying out loud....how dare he have fun!!

Watching Carolina play TB the past few years, he has dramatically improved this year. I don't follow Carolina routinely but it just seems that his decision making is much better now.

My recollection was that he was involved in a potentially very serious car accident prior to this season - his jeep rolled over. He was very fortunate. Maybe his attitude toward the game (and Carolina fans attitude toward him) changed after the accident. If so, good for him.

Watching Carolina play TB the past few years, he has dramatically improved this year. I don't follow Carolina routinely but it just seems that his decision making is much better now.

My recollection was that he was involved in a potentially very serious car accident prior to this season - his jeep rolled over. He was very fortunate. Maybe his attitude toward the game (and Carolina fans attitude toward him) changed after the accident. If so, good for him.

That's exactly what happened by most media accounts.

Washington Post Article

He played extremely well in the 2013 Thursday night game against Tampa. That was one of the earlier times his growth as a passer was on full display.

He played extremely well in the 2013 Thursday night game against Tampa. That was one of the earlier times his growth as a passer was on full display.

I'm sure you are right; I can't remember that game because everyone seems to play well against TB. But, this year, he just seemed more focused during the games.

over the course of the previous 4 years, he's shown flashes of what could be.

you mention the TB game 2013, or last year's Cincy game or the 1st two games of his rookie year....or the NE game on MOnday night football a couple years back....

this year, it's been the culmination of all of that, and we're seeing the result. and this did not happen by accident. the guy has done all the right things in the off season to get to this point.

and many probably don't know this, but his dad after year 2...made Cam go back and watch all of his post game pressers...his side line demeanor...interviews....and challenged him with this "would you follow that guy?".

i think that was the impetus of the change in him being the leader he is today. the car wreck last year, i think enhanced his perspective on life, and football.....again, all culminating in to what we see now.

there was a time when players in that locker room, and around the league didn't respect him. Remember his 1st pro bowl? he was the only QB they hit in that game. the only one they sacked, for real.

long story short...he got the message, and has improved on and off the field as a result, and if for no other reason, deserves respect for having the ability to recognize in himself the need for change, and then actually doing the things necessary to make those changes.

that is not a person that is "look at me" or selfish. it's quite the opposite. and i don't expect everyone to get it. but those of us close to it, and have been around it for 5 years....we know, we've seen it.

GO PANTHERS.

over the course of the previous 4 years, he's shown flashes of what could be.

you mention the TB game 2013, or last year's Cincy game or the 1st two games of his rookie year....or the NE game on MOnday night football a couple years back....

I'm glad you brought that game up, because it allows me to post this:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dui8z0msqzc[/YOUTUBE]

My Pac-12 friends guaranteed me he wouldn't be **** in the NFL. IDK why people would have such strong feelings. Nothing is guaranteed but he seemed to have all the tools and then some.

I think part of it this year is also weren't the Panthers picked to be 7-9?

maybe, i can see that.

it certainly played out that way til the end....iirc, all the hosts of Inside the NFL picked AZ to win the NFC title game.

that worked out. i think at this point, even with 17 wins, we just don't look like the typical successful team.

we don't look like the 90's cowboys or 80's 49ers...schematically on offense, it's way different, the attitude, and fun loving nature of the team, the antics on the sidelines, how the QB behaves...all rolls up in to something people "aren't used to, so it can't possibly work...."

hell, i didn't trust it until about week 9 or 10. it took me a while to figure out you could "depend" on this offense.

and for a non panther fan, i can imagine that journey is a lot longer than it is for me.

I'm glad you brought that game up, because it allows me to post this:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dui8z0msqzc[/YOUTUBE]

that was an awesome game. and, interestingly, i was in Knoxville for work during that game...i think i woke people up in the rooms next to me at the hotel screaming at the TV.....:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back