Worse than "Go for 2, Butch"?

I partially think he's covering for his player so that Slater isn't as brutally criticized by the masses over this.

I partially think he's covering for his player so that Slater isn't as brutally criticized by the masses over this.

I don't think so; like I said he's done it in the past and it worked, and to me Slater's reaction during the coin flip looked to me like he had to say something he really didn't want to. He looked over the sideline a few times with a "are you SURE you want to kick?" look on his face.

I completely think it was Slater's mistake and that was the coach taking up for him. With as confused as he looked, you could tell Slater didn't know what in the heck was going on. Kind of like when Donovan McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie.

I completely think it was Slater's mistake and that was the coach taking up for him. With as confused as he looked, you could tell Slater didn't know what in the heck was going on. Kind of like when Donovan McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie.

I think I heard on one of the ESPN shows that refs always ask the coaches what they want to do if they win the toss before they send the players out to the middle of the field. The players going out there is really just a formality. The reason he was confused was because he thought since they deferred they should decide which end zone to kick in to. That is the rules on the pre-game toss, but OT is not the same.

NFL OT rules need changed bad -- play it like college except start further back than the 25 --- college should start further back than the 25 also JMO

Disagree completely. College should adopt the NFL OT rules.

Both teams should get the ball on offense at least once. The current NFL system is better than full on sudden death but it's silly not to just make it both teams get it on offense once.

Both teams should get the ball on offense at least once. The current NFL system is better than full on sudden death but it's silly not to just make it both teams get it on offense once.

Maybe if the first team scores a TD the second team should have to score a TD and go for 2.

I like college OT but think they should start on the 50. Make them earn the FG attempt. Not really fair if there is a turnover, like say a fumble out of the end zone for a touchback, and the other team just has to run it up the middle 3times for no gain an attempt a very makable FG.

Maybe if the first team scores a TD the second team should have to score a TD and go for 2.

I like college OT but think they should start on the 50. Make them earn the FG attempt. Not really fair if there is a turnover, like say a fumble out of the end zone for a touchback, and the other team just has to run it up the middle 3times for no gain an attempt a very makable FG.

I really don't see what's complicated about both teams get the ball once. It's such a really simple, easy, no-brainer fix.

After each gets a possession, it's sudden death.

I really don't see what's complicated about both teams get the ball once. It's such a really simple, easy, no-brainer fix.

After each gets a possession, it's sudden death.

It does make a lot of sense. The NFL is just obsessed with keeping games short.

VN Store

Back