Peyton just got benched

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
He's not hurt and they benched him after his 4th interception. Today is a sad day.

Yep. He stayed a year too long. I actually would have preferred he left after his injury. Pride led him to try and come back from what should have been a career injury.

I officially have no clue about the NFL this season. Absurd things abound this year.

Man, that makes me sad. Beginning of the end it seems.

Time to bring him in as QB coach. There's always a place for you in Knoxville, Peyton!

Reactions: 1 person
He needs to retire like after this game. It's just sad watching him.

I really wish he would have retired last year. This is painful. I know he is banged up a little but couple that with the nerve damage in his neck and its just disastrous.

And of course his backup is now moving the ball very well. :(

Was it just me or did Peyton seem down when he set the record today? I wonder if he knew that he was playing on borrowed time and might get pulled.

Can everybody calm down? Is it too much to assume he's just having a bad game? By the way he does have injuries that the Broncos are refusing to disclose.

Can everybody calm down? Is it too much to assume he's just having a bad game? By the way he does have injuries that the Broncos are refusing to disclose.

Have you watched him play this year? Hes had some decent games, but overall he has looked pretty bad. No arm strength at all and lots of ints. Its beyond time for him to retire.

You guys expecting him to be a coach on the UT sidelines anytime soon are the ones that probably need to calm down.

Reactions: 3 people
Yep. He stayed a year too long. I actually would have preferred he left after his injury. Pride led him to try and come back from what should have been a career injury.

I don't blame for coming back after the neck injury, he was still a young man, he wasn't done. Once he hangs em up he's done forever....had to make sure.

Since coming back and playing with Denver he's thrown 140 TD passes, 16,000+ yards, set the single season passing records for both yards and tds, set the all-time NFL record for career passing yards and has played in a SuperBowl. While I'm sure sad to see his career apparently coming to an end as it appears to be doing, I'm happy that I've been able to see him play outstanding football for the last 3 years. I'm surely gonna miss him when he's gone.

Reactions: 3 people
You guys expecting him to be a coach on the UT sidelines anytime soon are the ones that probably need to calm down.

Seriously. All the talk about him coming to coach at Tennessee in some capacity next year is a bit ridiculous IMO. I think he's much more likely to seek an NFL ownership opportunity of some sort.

How many INTs does he have today--at least three. I think the Broncos had 30 yards passing in the first half today against the chiefs. PM must lead the league in picks--he has average 2 a game this year. Broncos getting killed by a Chiefs team that isn't all that good. I had a bad feeling that it might go south for him this year--and it is. He got booed in the first quarter today--at home. That is the risk of playing 'till you are almost 40: When it goes, it is usually not pretty. I wouldn't dare go near the Broncos blog today--they will be killing him. His pick last week ruined any chance the Broncos had of beating the Colts. I think, truthfully, he probably needs to be benched. You never want to see an all-time great going out looking bad, but that is what's happening with PM.

VN Store

Back