The NFL made a mistake here IMO

IMO he should do it anyway and challenge Steelers ownership to match his fine donation. Based on how he played to start the season for them, they owe him at least that much

Was just about to mention this

No Fun League

The NFL has the best product because football is the best sport, not because they have the best operations. I really kinda hate them, though. It makes me not want to support them with my viewership. We have this idea that NFL players are rich, but the large majority are bashing their brains in, giving away the best years of their lives, and they don't make enough to retire on. I hate the salary cap. I have no idea how it's not a violation of anti-trust law.

Was just about to mention this

No Fun League

The NFL has the best product because football is the best sport, not because they have the best operations. I really kinda hate them, though. It makes me not want to support them with my viewership. We have this idea that NFL players are rich, but the large majority are bashing their brains in, giving away the best years of their lives, and they don't make enough to retire on. I hate the salary cap. I have no idea how it's not a violation of anti-trust law.

They make enough to retire on. They aren't properly taught how to manage their money in the event of not making it to the 2nd contract.

They make enough to retire on. They aren't properly taught how to manage their money in the event of not making it to the 2nd contract.

Do you know how expensive it is to be an NFL player? Guys that are making mid-to low aren't making that much to bank on. You get taxed in 15 different states. You got an agent to pay. Even if you are making $1M, what do you actually take home? $350k? How much do you have left after expenses? $100k? If they live the life at all, there is nothing left. 70% of NFL players make less than league average, LOL.

average-nfl-salary-age.jpg

I get why people think that but uniformity in the NFLs case is paramount.

Honoring the dead and other various causes is an honorable idea.

But what happens when some smartass wants to honor Satan or display some other vulgarity?

I get why people think that but uniformity in the NFLs case is paramount.

Honoring the dead and other various causes is an honorable idea.

But what happens when some smartass wants to honor Satan or display some other vulgarity?

Completely different issues

VN Store

Back