Titans blow 4th qtr lead

I can't believe I just watched both my teams blow a 13+ point fourth quarter lead against rivals we haven't beaten in years in the same freaking weekend.

I don't even get excited for football anymore. Jesus wept.

Reactions: 3 people
Fire the coach. Remember...no good coach ever loses after leading big in the 4th. How on earth is that guy an NFL coach. Someone tell the AD to fire him.

AV
PS. Cowboys blow a big 2nd half lead, also. Boy they suck!

Reactions: 1 person
Fire the coach. Remember...no good coach ever loses after leading big in the 4th. How on earth is that guy an NFL coach. Someone tell the AD to fire him.

AV

Que the 200 posts explaining how this is apples and oranges from the Butch Bashers Club.

Yea, it happens. But, no one is calling for the coaches head either.

AV

They are young :wink:

Pretty amazing that game mirrored ut/fl game with some alternative plays we wanted to see sat.
Fourth and short titans, field goal.
27-14 8min? or so to go.
Long drive by Indy to pull within six.
Titans try to throw to get some first downs to take the game, interception.
Indy takes lead 28-27 with short field.
Titans score, go for two, no good.
I'm not giving bj a full pass, but the game Sat could have ended up no different even with the decisions we wanted to see...obviously, but still.

Makes me wonder why i invest so much time watching Tennessee teams play. Just glutton for punishment i guess. Even got off the lake early to watch a rerun of yesterday. What fun..

Last edited:
I understand s..t happens, but recent years heartbreaking losses have aged me considerably.
Bama, Missouri , n. Carolina , Okla, LSU, Fla, Fla again, sure I missed some.

Tennessee football at the highest levels has been a joke for 10+years. On the bright side Memphis is playing good football.

Wow. Thread move. Didn't even realize NFL tab existed on home page. 6 years and never scrolled down that far. Sorry

Wow. Thread move. Didn't even realize NFL tab existed on home page. 6 years and never scrolled down that far. Sorry

:lol: it's all good. Quite a few Titans fans in here if you're looking for conversation.

:hi:

I expected a loss coming into this one, because even though the Colts' defense sucks, I didn't expect Mariota could out duel Luck. But surprisingly, he did until the 4th quarter.

This team needs a winnable game, but the freakin Bills coming in after the bye is a tough draw.

I still feared even with momentum in the 3rd a 4th quarter collapse.

That fear proved to be justified which is what happened. A valiant effort but not enough as Mariota's growing pains including with ths int in the 4th doomed the Titans to a punch in the gut defeat.

Another game where the 4th quarter proved to be kryptonite for Temmessee.

Que the 200 posts explaining how this is apples and oranges from the Butch Bashers Club.

manuel-que.jpg

VN Store

Back