Coughlin and Eli horrible clock mngmnt

Other_Guy

foolishFool
This will get moved but did anyone else see that with 1:43 left and the Cowboys with zero TOs that at 3rd and goal from the 1 the Giants decided to PASS the ball anf Manning THREW IT AWAY i.stead of taking tge sack and letting the clock run? The Cowboys had just enough time to win.

That's possibly the worst clock managemebt I've ever seen. They tried to go for the win and it screwed them.
I think Butch made the wrong call to kick the FG... but when I saw the recap of this game I thought holy crap this is 2 time winning coach and QB. HOW DUMB.

Saw it and both Manning and Coughlin took the blame in their post game press conferences. Manning throwing it away would have been the correct play if the plan was to go for a TD on 4th down rather than kicking the field goal to take a 6 point lead.

I've said it a thousand times: Eli Manning is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

I've said it a thousand times: Eli Manning is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

Not really. Andrew Luck continues to praised and crowned yet when he blows in major games typically I hear excuses for him.
It's wanting to have one 's cake and eat it to.

Eli Manning 2 time super bowl winner both vs a favored Pats team.

This was the classic case of the giants finding a way to choke and blow a lead by not doing the obvious of take the sack allow the clock to run.

Not really. Andrew Luck continues to praised and crowned yet when he blows in major games typically I hear excuses for him.
It's wanting to have one 's cake and eat it to.

Eli Manning 2 time super bowl winner both vs a favored Pats team.

This was the classic case of the giants finding a way to choke and blow a lead by not doing the obvious of take the sack allow the clock to run.
The Giants won 2 Super Bowls. Not just Eli Manning. Using that logic, every player that has two Super Bowl rings is better than every player with one or less. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
I had a feeling that the Giants were going to regret leaving that much time on the clock. If they run the ball or Eli just takes the sack then that's about 40 seconds that Dallas wouldn't have had.

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls. Not just Eli Manning. Using that logic, every player that has two Super Bowl rings is better than every player with one or less. It's ridiculous.

Did i miss that he made throws to win those super bowls. Yes the giants as a team won it but you can't tell me he didnt make major throws to win the first 1, and the 2nd.

Did i miss that he made throws to win those super bowls. Yes the giants as a team won it but you can't tell me he didnt make major throws to win the first 1, and the 2nd.

Dude, Trent freaking Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. So does Joe Flacco. Just because a QB has a ring does not an elite QB make.

Did I miss where he had about 1,400 lbs of men blocking for him? How about those guys that had to catch those balls? And the guys that ran the ball to set up those pass plays?

Using firestorm's logic:

Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson > Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Using firestorm's logic:

Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson > Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Sadly there are quite a few obtuse people that think like firestorm on this subject

1442244729-ny-papers.jpg

Dude, Trent freaking Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. So does Joe Flacco. Just because a QB has a ring does not an elite QB make.

To be fair, Flacco has a ring because he had the best postseason of any QB in NFL history. He carried his team there, not the other way around.

I'm aware but dont tell me he didnt lead the offense effectively in the 6 playoff games and 2 super bowls.
Eli made long passes including tds while dilfer relied on the defense to get great field position mostly. He isnt overrated.

Flacco and Eli are both the same kind of qbs. Qbs that can play awful or good or great. Both got hot at the right time to get to super bowls and win them.

VN Store

Back