Trent Richardson

A blind person could hit those damn holes goodness gracious

Bamas running backs are not good in the nfl for some reason .

Ingram - mediocre
Richardson - bust
Yeldon - will be a bust
Henry - might be a star

Richardson has no burst, which is crazy for a guy that clocked 4.45. He just can't get to the hole quick enough. Dude hid behind Bama's line and got drafted off measurements.

Richardson has no burst, which is crazy for a guy that clocked 4.45. He just can't get to the hole quick enough. Dude hid behind Bama's line and got drafted off measurements.

I don't really think it's a lack of "burst"...at least not in the strictest physical sense that he's incapable. (you pointed out his 40 time) His NFL draft profile calls him "explosive" and another site lists "quickness to the hole" as one of his strengths.

I believe it goes more to the aforementioned vision and making a quick commitment. If you can't see the hole and commit to hitting the throttle quickly and decisively no amount of burst is going to save you unless the hole is directly where you're pointed.

I think you nailed it with how 'Bama's line did him a lot of favors in college.

I don't really think it's a lack of "burst"...at least not in the strictest physical sense that he's incapable. (you pointed out his 40 time) His NFL draft profile calls him "explosive" and another site lists "quickness to the hole" as one of his strengths.

I believe it goes more to the aforementioned vision and making a quick commitment. If you can't see the hole and commit to hitting the throttle quickly and decisively no amount of burst is going to save you unless the hole is directly where you're pointed.

Even when he had a hole he was always too late. He had 150 carries each of the last 2 seasons and never had a 30 yard run. I don't care if your vision is weak, that doesn't happen if you are fast and strong. He's not fast.

I have always thought bush was the same way

Even when he had a hole he was always too late. He had 150 carries each of the last 2 seasons and never had a 30 yard run. I don't care if your vision is weak, that doesn't happen if you are fast and strong. He's not fast.

Actually I think this is a good example of trying to make one observation relevant at the expense of another when they aren't necessarily all that related. It was you in fact that brought up his 40 time. That's pretty empirical I would think. He took 5th in the state 100m. The point I'm trying to make is that the ability to run fast isn't a particularly good indicator of success. Flip the coin and you've got people like Arian Foster who can manage big rushing numbers even though he's a 4.7 guy. So was Terrell Davis. History is littered with fast guys that can't seem to produce and "slow" guys that do.

Basically, I'm finding it difficult to believe a guy with thoroughly vetted speed credentials having a lack thereof being his primary issue.

Right, but I'm not talking about running 40 yards, I'm talking about burst. Running a 40 in gym clothes doesn't necessarily translate to game speed, and I'm talking about his ability to go 1/5 the distance, quickly. Foster has great vision, but he also has great stop and go. You don't run 30 yards in a straight line in the NFL.

I think Tebow has a 30 yard run more recently than Richardson, LOL. 300 carries without a 30 yarder.

Right, but I'm not talking about running 40 yards, I'm talking about burst. Running a 40 in gym clothes doesn't necessarily translate to game speed, and I'm talking about his ability to go 1/5 the distance, quickly. Foster has great vision, but he also has great stop and go. You don't run 30 yards in a straight line in the NFL.

I think Tebow has a 30 yard run more recently than Richardson, LOL. 300 carries without a 30 yarder.

Honestly I think his problem is worse than that and actually explains in large part his lack of long runs...dude can't get out of the backfield. His career average is 3.3 ypc.Let's try to put that in perspective: since the AFL-NFL merger of all the RB's with at least 500 carries only ONE (Michael Haddix) has a worse ypc. Every long run in the history of ever started with a successful short run that got them in the open. Richardson has shown a profound inability to produce even those short runs that could potentially become longer runs. You sure aren't going to get the latter if you can't manage former.

If Richardson can't get this figured out (and things are looking grim) he is going to be viewed as at least one of, if not the, greatest RB busts of all time.

I've never been a big fan of bush

200w_d.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back