Barkley Traded, Tebow Survives

VolnJC

Barkley was traded to the Cards so I guess TT is back in the NFL

Acquired QB Matt Barkley from Philadelphia for a conditional 2016 seventh-round draft pick.

Funny thing is Barkley saod Tebow isnt taking his reps. This is beyond laughable as Barkley has proven to be horrid as a nfl qb with 0 tds, and if I recall right he hasnt ever lead the eagles to the other team's 40.

Tebow is not a decent qb but still compared to Barkley he has more tds, and compared to Barkley he looks like a hall of fame qb with superior stats.

It's possible he get's to start if Palmer gets injured again, or in games that are 4th quarter blowouts.

And tebow shall be looking for a team. Honestly in nfl it doesnt look like its in cards to be a nfl qb for Tebow.
Tight end I could see, and runner on wild cat plays.

And tebow shall be looking for a team. Honestly in nfl it doesnt look like its in cards to be a nfl qb for Tebow.

There is no other NFL team for Tebow; this was his last shot and it was all because Kelly for whatever reason had a chubby for TT.

Reactions: 1 person

Or he's just goingn back to working for ESPN.

The comments on ESPN are gold. People saying Tebow is better than "half the QBs in the NFL".

The lovefest with this guy by some is mind boggling.

Reactions: 2 people

Morris takes the job that Tebow and Matt Barkley competed for during training camp and the preseason. Barkley was traded to Arizona on Friday. Tebow was released Saturday, leaving the Eagles with one vacancy on their 53-man roster.

Coach Chip Kelly said Saturday that he would add a third quarterback, either on the roster or on the practice squad. By claiming Morris off waivers, the Eagles placed him on their 53-man roster.

Morris started 25 games in his junior and senior seasons at Miami, throwing for over 3,000 yards each year. After his senior year, Morris ran the 40-yard dash in 4.63 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. That won him $10,000 because he was wearing Adidas shoes.

Amazing........if he would have just swallowed his damn pride and worked out as a TE or Hback, he would be playing in the league now. Trey Burton is making a living by playing in a position that takes more advantage of his skillset that is similar to Tebows

At the very least if he was really serious about being an NFL QB, he should have looked into playing in the CFL.

At the very least if he was really serious about being an NFL QB, he should have looked into playing in the CFL.

You really have to feel for Barkley..he seems to be a decent guy. He ended up coming back to USC, injuring his shoulder, and costing himself millions.

VN Store

Back