The Confession of Arian Foster

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
Arian Foster, 28, has spent his entire public football career -- in college at Tennessee, in the NFL with the Texans -- in the Bible Belt. Playing in the sport that most closely aligns itself with religion, in which God and country are both industry and packaging, in which the pregame flyover blends with the postgame prayer, Foster does not believe in God.

"Everybody always says the same thing: You have to have faith," he says. "That's my whole thing: Faith isn't enough for me. For people who are struggling with that, they're nervous about telling their families or afraid of the backlash ... man, don't be afraid to be you. I was, for years."

Houston Texans' Arian Foster goes public about not believing in God

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, this is awesome. He didn't go on the offensive, he's just offering support. Some may not understand it, but for people who leave their religion, it can be a very difficult process. I know people that feel truly trapped. Either they don't want to hurt family's feelings, or like he says they are afraid of the backlash (I know a guy who just goes to church so he gets his inheritance).

Even without family/societal pressures, it's hard to turn your back on something that has played such a big role in your life, even if you 100% think it's the right move. I would never spend effort to try to talk a friend out of being religious. Even if you can convince them they are wrong, you make them miserable because they weren't ready to change. For people who are ready to move on, I try to offer them support.

He's espoused eastern philosophy for a long time. He's definitely into Buddhism.

Reactions: 20 people
So he won't believe us when we tell him to go to Hell? :)

Reactions: 6 people
chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5355-531547ad7fd9e8546320070d18d154e8.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
Coming from a born again saved by Jesus blood Christian in myself, I'm not sure how this is article worthy.

Reactions: 8 people
lol, What exactly makes Arian a P.O.S?

Because he fumbled at bad times?

Admitted to being given meals here?

Because he doesn't believe in god?

Even if all 3 factor in, that's an awfully screwed up reason to label someone such a thing.

I generally reserve the piece of **** label to people who abuse others, rapists, murderers, those types..but different strokes for different folks I guess?

Reactions: 12 people
lol, What exactly makes Arian a P.O.S?

Because he fumbled at bad times?

Admitted to being given meals here?

Because he doesn't believe in god?

Even if all 3 factor in, that's an awfully screwed up reason to label someone such a thing.

I generally reserve the piece of **** label to people who abuse others, rapists, murderers, those types..but different strokes for different folks I guess?
He is just an attention whore

Reactions: 8 people
Not even giving that article a page view. Man this has been a long off-season!

VN Store

Back