Goodell Upholds 4 Game Suspension For Brady

I don't care how many games Brady is suspended for, but I really would have respected Goodell even less if he had caved. Decreasing the suspension for fear of being sued would have just said he didn't think it should really be that many games to begin with.

Hard to believe that Brady and his legal team want to continue to fight this. Destroyed your cell phone at exactly the same time it comes out that you called the ball boys? Come on!

If he just acknowledged that he directed the ball boys to deflate, thought this was common practice around the league, he would have been fined, case would be closed and everyone would move on. The continued lying is far more serious than the crime.

Hard to believe that Brady and his legal team want to continue to fight this. Destroyed your cell phone at exactly the same time it comes out that you called the ball boys? Come on!

If he just acknowledged that he directed the ball boys to deflate, thought this was common practice around the league, he would have been fined, case would be closed and everyone would move on. The continued lying is far more serious than the crime.

The thing is if he is lying, then he won't be able to once this goes to court.

Did he destroy it? I thought he had just refused to hand it over during the investigation or something?

Destroying his phone does not necessarily destroy the text messages. The phone company will still likely have records of those. If Brady opts to go to federal court, the NFL will then be able to subpoena those messages. That is a big risk not only for Brady but Bellicheat and the Patriot franchise. Kraft better sit on his boy...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...-suspension/fhOdVIaay3E0lPOIyt4A1J/story.html

Man, Patriots fans clearly do not attend their local ivy league universities around the state of Mass. They themselves act like guilty criminals who deny the truth even though it's clear as day. I keep seeing comments like "why would he turn over his cell phone" acting as if destroying evidence and covering up is better than facing the truth and punishment that comes with it. It's amazing to me how fans of sports turn into wannabe criminals with their support of using criminal tactics. Bunch of losers.

I posted the link above so you can see just how idiotic their fans are. Specifically, Simpatico99 in he comment section. He's replied to at least 200 of the 300 comments and replied a number of the comments more than once. He sits there insulting everyone opposed to the Pats and calls them out for being uneducated and not knowing anything. Interesting because... I'm gonna guess the guy doesn't even have a job given he had time to post over 200 freaking times yesterday under a single article. That doesn't include the other 5 or so Pats/deflategate articles off to the side which I'm sure he spent his day replying to half of the comments.

Pats fans vs. Cardinals fans... I don't know which group of fans are more stupid and in denial. Both organizations are straight up trash in terms of offering anything morally to society. Bunch of scumbags.

Pats fans "so what if we got caught cheating again and so what if we destroy the evidence. it's not a big deal".

Cardinals fans "so what if we hacked another team, we'll fire some lower level employee who is to blame because no way management knew"

These people are a bunch of baseless idiots who defend their teams to no end despite the evidence against them. Remember when Patriots fans defended Aaron Hernandez? Man, are these people f'ing stupid. I'm amazed they can exist in life let alone cross the street without walking into oncoming traffic. They're as stupid as Tom Brady destroying his cellphone and thinking that's a reasonable solution. He does know they can just go to the phone company and get texts attached to that phone number, right?

To think, people like Brady and Hernandez who are absolutely brain damaged it seems, were able to make it through college. They must have had tutors similar to that of UNC because I don't buy for a second either one of these dudes were capable of skating by on their own accord given how stupid their actions are. I hope by destroying the cellphone and taking it to court that it brings up more against Brady/Pats. That way Goodell can toss Brady for the year after deceiving the league who employs him and purposely going against their rules.

Look what happened when Pearl lied... Brady's punishment should not end at 4 games and since the little lying punk is fighting it, I hope the punishment increases as opposes to decreases. Kick the -fill in the blank- time cheater out of the league. I left the amount of times he and the Patriots cheated blank because at this point, I assume it's been numerous times and not just the two times they've been in trouble for. The two times they've been caught were over things they did in fact do multiple times. They stole multiple teams signals and I guarantee they've deflated balls before. That's just one form of cheating each but cheating multiple times using both methods. They've cheated God knows how many times. Wouldn't doubt it's in the triple digits if you combine just those two cases.

Like David Ortiz and his mysterious milkshake of peds, Brady ain't kno nuffin bout no cheatin. Ya hurd? Rekonize. Boston(/NE)... city of cheaters when it comes to sports.

This is outlandish. An American travesty. Free Touchdown Tom.

Says the Michigan fan.

You really will defend former players of your team to no end, huh? First Ben Wallace. Now Tom Brady. Your affinity for guys who can't follow the rules... I don't know what to make of it.

Goodell is the worst Commissioner in the history of sports. There is zero evidence to support a suspension. I hope Brady continues to fight this sham of an investigation.

Reactions: 1 person
Destroying his phone does not necessarily destroy the text messages. The phone company will still likely have records of those. If Brady opts to go to federal court, the NFL will then be able to subpoena those messages. That is a big risk not only for Brady but Bellicheat and the Patriot franchise. Kraft better sit on his boy...

The case in court would more be about whether or not the way the NFL handled its punishment did or didn't violate how the league/organization is allowed to handle such (probably by its own guidelines) wouldn't it?

i hate the patriots and as a self admitted Peyton homer when the brady/manning debate goes, i'll just get all that on the table now. i'm biased. not even gonna try to hide it.

but i cant' help but think what does the NFL have to gain by dragging Tom Terrific thru the mud? what does the patriots and tom have to gain by dragging this out? is the ability to say at some point "see, i told you" that powerful?

the patriots already have a shady past, and that has played a part in how this has all played out, at least from the NFL's point of view. if i'm the Pats, i want this to go away.

dragging this in to Federal Court makes all the peripheral stuff way worse than the actual crime itself. now there's a cover up, destruction of evidence, insubordination, interfering with a league investigation...potentially.

as for the actual records from his cell phone account, the league can't access those records w/out a subpoena, so that's why, if it plays out as described by the NFL, destroying the cell phone, at the time that he did, is important. it's also probably why the NFL took the lead on suing so they could get that subpoena for those records. and if those records do show what they think it does........that's bad for mr. brady. i guess time will tell though.

i don't think this scars Tom Brady forever, and i don't think this changes much when people will look back on his career one day. it's not like he's gonna wind up the Pete rose of the NFL. he'll regularly be called the greatest qb of all time, and will be in the HOF.

but what i do love is that you won't be able to have a conversation about Brady anymore w/out bringing this, and the past indiscretions up regarding the Patriots, up in that conversation.

so for that Tom, i say a heartfelt "thank you".:thumbsup:

Reactions: 4 people
Front page of ESPN...

Kraft: 'I was wrong to put my faith in the league'

Brady to NFL: Patriots and I did nothing wrong

:post-4-1090547912:

So much whining from Kraft and Brady. Could they publicly whine anymore? They're actually playing the victim. I can't believe they've lowered themselves to acting like a whiny girlfriend who constantly plays the victim. Hilarious.

They should realize most people aren't going to feel any sympathy for them. People are going to laugh at them for being f'ing embarrassing. Keep on groveling as you keep on shoveling your bullsheet to NFL fans, Bobby and Tommy. If they actually think whining publicly will change anyone's mind, well... :birgits_giggle:

Well, they did change my mind about one thing. I didn't think I could possibly dislike them anymore than I already do. It's not possible, but now I not only don't like them, I also think they're pathetic. Millionaires crying over a game after they've cheated their way to multiple championships. Good look finding sympathy from anyone outside of their fan base. Most people hate them and this is just going to add to that.

Reactions: 1 person
Front page of ESPN...

Kraft: 'I was wrong to put my faith in the league'

Brady to NFL: Patriots and I did nothing wrong

:post-4-1090547912:

So much whining from Kraft and Brady. Could they publicly whine anymore? They're actually playing the victim. I can't believe they've lowered themselves to acting like a whiny girlfriend who constantly plays the victim. Hilarious.

They should realize most people aren't going to feel any sympathy for them. People are going to laugh at them for being f'ing embarrassing. Keep on groveling as you keep on shoveling your bullsheet to NFL fans, Bobby and Tommy. If they actually think whining publicly will change anyone's mind, well... :birgits_giggle:

Well, they did change my mind about one thing. I didn't think I could possibly dislike them anymore than I already do. It's not possible, but now I not only don't like them, I also think they're pathetic. Millionaires crying over a game after they've cheated their way to multiple championships. Good look finding sympathy from anyone outside of their fan base. Most people hate them and this is just going to add to that.

I'm a Bengals fan and I don't hate the Patriots at all. In fact, I wish the Bengals were as successful as the Patriots. I think most of the hate is simply because the Patriots have been the class of the league for the last 15 years and every other team in the NFL, and their fans, are sick and tired of losing to the Patriots.

The real whiners are people like you.

As a Steeler fan, I'm really disappointed that Brady won't play in the opener. 😀😀😀😀

VN Store

Back