Broncos tried to trade Peyton

If true, smart of the Broncos to try and get a deal for him, smart of the Texans to refuse said deal.

Reactions: 1 person
The goal of every team should be to win a Super Bowl or builds toward winning one. Getting Manning would've done neither of those for the Texans. To that end, they would've been blowing money. Unless their goal is just make money with Peyton Manning merchandise. Then that would've be a brilliant move on their part.

Reactions: 2 people
The goal of every team should be to win a Super Bowl or builds toward winning one. Getting Manning would've done neither of those for the Texans. To that end, they would've been blowing money. Unless their goal is just make money with Peyton Manning merchandise. Then that would've be a brilliant move on their part.

With their defense, I'd say that would have made Houston the SB favorite

With their defense, I'd say that would have made Houston the SB favorite

Slow down there, cowboy!
1. The Colts and the Patriots still exist in the AFC.
2. Denver has a good defense, too.
3. Denver's WRs are exponentially better than Houston's.
Even their offensive lines are pretty similar. With Clady out, I'd give a slight nod to Houston, but not by much.

Agreed. Good post.

Slow down there, cowboy!
1. The Colts and the Patriots still exist in the AFC.
2. Denver has a good defense, too.
3. Denver's WRs are exponentially better than Houston's.
Even their offensive lines are pretty similar. With Clady out, I'd give a slight nod to Houston, but not by much.

Pats cheat so they don't count. Colts really aren't that great defensively. If Manning wasn't the QB in Denver those WR wouldn't matter much

Pats cheat so they don't count. Colts really aren't that great defensively. If Manning wasn't the QB in Denver those WR wouldn't matter much

So are you saying you think Demarius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Cody Lattimer and Owen Daniels isn't really a much better group than DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts and Nate Washington?
The Pats still count, I'm afraid. Even when they got caught cheating, they still won the Super Bowl.

What's strange to me is that Gary Kubiak was at HOuston when Peyton reportedly wanted to sign there but they didn't want him. Now Kubiak is in Denver and he wants to trade him? What's his problem with PM?
I think it has something to do with Kubiak being BFFs with Elway. He sees Peyton getting friend-time in with him and he's jealous.

Why would the Texans want a past his prime QB that can't throw 25 yards and is being paid like an elite QB?

Reactions: 3 people
So are you saying you think Demarius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Cody Lattimer and Owen Daniels isn't really a much better group than DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts and Nate Washington?
The Pats still count, I'm afraid. Even when they got caught cheating, they still won the Super Bowl.

What's strange to me is that Gary Kubiak was at HOuston when Peyton reportedly wanted to sign there but they didn't want him. Now Kubiak is in Denver and he wants to trade him? What's his problem with PM?
I think it has something to do with Kubiak being BFFs with Elway. He sees Peyton getting friend-time in with him and he's jealous.

If you took that as I think Houston WRs are better, well I can't do much for ya.

VN Store

Back