Rae Carruth Part Deaux?

Heard it said that Collins isn't a suspect. NFL guys saying it will have impact on his stock.

Heard it said that Collins isn't a suspect. NFL guys saying it will have impact on his stock.

Heard he's off several teams boards. He was the sure fire first tackle off the board previously...could be talking millions here.

Uhh? Rae Carruth hired hit men to kill his baby mama?

I guess that's a possibility, but I haven't even heard that suggested by a credible source yet. Seems like a bit of a sad, cynical accusation with the little information we have so far.
I have only heard how cooperative he's been thus far, and that he has been ruled out as a suspect.

@BryanDFischer: Mayock says after talking to teams, La’el Collins is completely off many boards unless cleared officially.

@ByJimCorbett: NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock on La'el Collins "Bottom line is if it's not wrapped up before tomorrow night he won't go in the 1st round.'

Last edited:
Heard he's off several teams boards. He was the sure fire first tackle off the board previously...could be talking millions here.

Uh no, Brandon Scherff from Iowa has been the highest rated tackle all year. Projected top ten pick. Collins was projected at best mid first round, some mocks had him as low as the 28th pick.

I guess that's a possibility, but I haven't even heard that suggested by a credible source yet. Seems like a bit of a sad, cynical accusation with the little information we have so far.
I have only heard how cooperative he's been thus far, and that he has been ruled out as a suspect.

The fact that he's being questioned and his name is being removed from some teams draft boards is pertinent. FTR no one has been ruled out as a suspect, if so they're incompetent! This just happened! They're wanting to establish paternity of the child who miraculously survived. I'm not accusing him of anything...my first instinct is that if he actually impregnated the deceased... So what? Hundreds if not thousands of athletes and celebrities support children out of wedlock. We don't have hundreds or thousands of pregnant women randomly shot and murdered while possibly carrying an athlete's child. If Rae Carruth's hit men had gone back and finished the job when they noticed her brake lights engaged, then she wouldn't have been able to tell them that Carruth braked in front of her and left after she was shot. I'm sure he would have been "ruled out" as a suspect.

What you characterize as sad cynicism is real life.

Uh no, Brandon Scherff from Iowa has been the highest rated tackle all year. Projected top ten pick. Collins was projected at best mid first round, some mocks had him as low as the 28th pick.

Most teams project Scherff as a guard...May draft him as a tackle but I was going off true tackles...'s why I said tackle.

Looks like he's trying to pull out of the draft all together and enter the supplemental draft.

Looks like he's trying to pull out of the draft all together and enter the supplemental draft.

Could end up a smart move...allow everything to clear up and draft him by his merits.

They haven't allowed it yet, and the draft starts in less than five hours.
He could be headed to UDFA.

Doubt the NFL will allow him to remove his name. Would open Pandora's box.

Why? Only the best prospects fare better in a supplemental draft than the regular version. A team has to give up their corresponding pick in the next draft...a lot of teams pass until the second or third. There aren't going to be a floodgate rushing for that route.

I think Goodell will allow Collins to withdraw because it's in the best interests of the player,league AND the Union...who going to object? If he is cleared as expected his value remains the same which jibes with the Union's interest and the owners aren't taking a risk with incomplete information. Win-win-win.

Add that to the list of Goodell flubs...common sense and the man ain't on a first name basis.

VN Store

Back