NFL QB combine

sechamp2012

Watching Mariotta run a 4.52 and Winston run a 4.97. I was wondering if anyone has latest 40 times on Dobbs and our new 3 incoming QB's. In 2013 ESPN recruiting had Dobbs as 4.94. Seems like someone posted the whole teams 40 times last Spring if I'm remembering right.

Watching Mariotta run a 4.52 and Winston run a 4.97. I was wondering if anyone has latest 40 times on Dobbs and our new 3 incoming QB's. In 2013 ESPN recruiting had Dobbs as 4.94. Seems like someone posted the whole teams 40 times last Spring if I'm remembering right.

Winston was passing great at the combine. I bet Tampa Bay drafts him with their 1st round draft pick

Reactions: 1 person
Jameis was 16 for 16 in passing Drills with receivers he has never worked with before. That's more than impressive

Reactions: 3 people
He brings too much baggage and is a problem waiting to happen.

Question for you, what would the perception of Manning be if social media existed when he was at UT? The "mooning incident" would be the most talked about topic leading up to the draft.

Personally, I don't think Winston will be that great of a pro, but it's not because of the baggage. I just think the college and pro games are completely different.

There were a lot of raves about his footwork. That's where the whole Pro-Style vs Spread thing comes into play

Question for you, what would the perception of Manning be if social media existed when he was at UT? The "mooning incident" would be the most talked about topic leading up to the draft.

Personally, I don't think Winston will be that great of a pro, but it's not because of the baggage. I just think the college and pro games are completely different.

Thing is Winston had a more pro type set up at FSU while Mariotta was a system quarterback

Thing is Winston had a more pro type set up at FSU while Mariotta was a system quarterback

I agree with you. I'm not saying Mariotta will be a good pro, either.

I guess I'm just not a fan of taking a QB that high... unless you're sitting there with Manning or Luck. Those guys grew up in the NFL.

But I know why teams do it. It creates excitement and sells tickets and jerseys. As a GM, you're allowed to make a bad pick at QB because of what I just mentioned. An OL or DL may be the best player but there aren't too many OL jerseys sold.

I'd take Mariotta if I needed a QB in the 1st RD and not give it a 2nd thought. Winston will end up being hot garbage in the NFL. Jmo

Reactions: 2 people
Winston's a pocket QB, give him time (like Brady, Luck, Manning) and he'll pick you apart. Can improvise but not very mobile.

Mariota may not be as accurate but like above give him time and he's lethal, he excels when pressured, very good at avoiding sacks, improvising and making things happen (by rush or pass) outside the pocket. The one big lingering question how will he adjust to a Pro style?

If I'm Licht and don't trade down I'd take Mariota.

Thats nowhere near the same.

Rape, theft, and yelling out the "c" word are far>>>>>>>>

Than mooning someone.

Reactions: 6 people
Jones is likely the fastest with a 4.60 with Jennings next fastest then Dobbs followed by Dormandy.

Leadership

you must be speaking about off the field which is understandable. But on the field leadership not so much, Jameis has no problem putting his team on his back and shows it time and time again. His teammates love him. Not saying Mariota can't/doesn't but we haven't seen it nearly as much

He brings too much baggage and is a problem waiting to happen.

I find that many talented people in sports or entertainment are self destructive. They are their own worse enemy.
DUI's, Domestic Violence, Minor infractions with law enforcement that turns in to a matter of resisting arrest, IRS issues, Baby mama issues that become public matters,
Drug use, shop lifting. etc. etc.
I see Winston as one of those talented but self destructive guys. What make the Buc's think that giving this guy Millions of dollars will make his decision making any better?
I predict that he will play well his rookie year and that the Buc's will cover for his off the field issues that occur during his rookie year, but eventually, they won't be able to cover for him anylonger. Then you will see suspensions. HIm getting a poor attitude because no one has ever punished him for bad behavior and he can't handle it. ( Sorta like Vince Young when he first experienced being boo's)
The safer bet is to draft Bryce Petty who isn't as talented as Winston but you know you can work on his development as a q.b. (Mariato is a system q.b. and won't experience long term success in the N.F.L. Might be a rookie phenom but that will be it)

Thats nowhere near the same.

Rape, theft, and yelling out the "c" word are far>>>>>>>>

Than mooning someone.
He is accused of doing something worse than mooning. Mooning is what he admits to. Another athlete at U.T. agreed with his accuser that he purposely dropped his buttocks and scrotum on the woman's head while she examined him for an injury. Manning settled to keep the case quiet as possible.

Reactions: 2 people
Jameis was 16 for 16 in passing Drills with receivers he has never worked with before. That's more than impressive

Is it really though? I mean there isn't a pass rush, so he doesn't have to worry about getting hit. I'm not trying to belittle him but I think it was Alex Smith that got a standing O at the combine because none of his throws hit the ground, he's not breaking any records. I don't know maybe I just think the Combine is far too overrated.

VN Store

Back