If it was proven the Pats cheated...

Other_Guy

foolishFool
(And that's a big if) but why is it if you're cheating in college you get wins stripped from you (or in Penn States situation something unrelated) but if the Pats were proven to have cheated in the game they would likely just lose a draft pick(s)? Shouldnt they forfeit the SB?

Gotta "Protect the Shield" at all cost. they figure that we will assume the evidence was ambiguous/middling enough ( according to them) to believe that taking a few draft picks from them would be an adequate punishment.

That we'll be all too eager about training camps opening and free agency to care.

And they're probably right.

I'm not a fan of stripping wins, or trophies in almost any scenario. Everyone still remembers who won

They aren't going to cancel the Super Bowl. Too much money for the league to lose.

Besides, the deflated balls may have given them a slight edge but that doesn't account for 38 points.

This will be a slap on the wrist.

You can't take away the Pats being in the Super Bowl...

But you can suspend the head coach for a year starting February 1st.

Reactions: 3 people
Fines, along with loss of draft picks. Given their "repeat offender" status, I'd expect the punishment to be more severe than Spygate. Just announced that there were 11 footballs (of 12) underinflated by 2 lbs each.

Fines, along with loss of draft picks. Given their "repeat offender" status, I'd expect the punishment to be more severe than Spygate. Just announced that there were 11 footballs (of 12) underinflated by 2 lbs each.

How do they prove that?

How do they prove that?

Each team submits 12 balls for use prior to each game. These are separate from the K balls that are used for kicking. The Colts noticed after the D'Qwell Jackson interception that the ball was flatter than it should have been. The NFL secured them all after the game for testing. A flatter ball is easier to grip in wet weather. It was a bit rainy in Foxborough this past Sunday.

Each team submits 12 balls for use prior to each game. These are separate from the K balls that are used for kicking. The Colts noticed after the D'Qwell Jackson interception that the ball was flatter than it should have been. The NFL secured them all after the game for testing. A flatter ball is easier to grip in wet weather. It was a bit rainy in Foxborough this past Sunday.

I didn't know the league kept the balls for testing. The Patriots must not have either.

I doubt the NFL will hit them too hard since the game was a blowout. Pretty lame though that the Pats will mostly get away with it.

I didn't know the league kept the balls for testing. The Patriots must not have either.

The Colts raised the question at some point, either during or after the game. I can't believe the refs didn't notice (or perhaps ignored) during the game. There are stipulated weights and measurements that the balls have to meet, but who knows how closely they actually bother to examine that prior to games?

Oh, you mean cheated this time.

I bet Roger has already destroyed the evidence in question and will accept Bellicheat's sincere apology and promise to not do anything like this again. Just ask a Pats fan, everyone does this kind of stuff and it's only NE is unlucky enough to get caught (yet again). Good ole Rog will demonstrate yet again he is a bumbling fool and do nothing.

The Patriots are the most cheat organization since the NBA's refs/draft. Then again, the refs made blatantly bad calls while propelling the Steelers against the Seahawks and Cardinals in their last two championships. So maybe it's not just the Patriots cheating but the refs too. Look at their calls in both Cowboys games.

Anyways, good to see the Cheatriots keeping up the trend. I'm sure Tom Brady will have another smug ass comment like his response to Harbaugh. I can't stand Tom Brady, he's closer to Barry Bonds than Joe Montana. Cheating to propel him into a class he shouldn't be in. Bonds shouldn't have the homerun record and Brady shouldn't have three championships. It should be as commonly accepted to throw Brady's titles under the bus when comparing him to other qb's as it is to throw Bonds homerun title under the bus. I know a lot of people attack the Patriots for it but just as many seem to defend them and I'm not sure why they get that pass. In no way do I think they win all three super bowls by three points each without knowing the other teams plays. To me, they lose all three if they can only win by three while knowing. But yeah, good job Belicheat. You and your boy Tom Shady are all in once again. What's one draft pick and a few hundred grand for one championship? I'd trade that every day of the week.

Not a good look for Tom Brady in particular. Going to be interesting to see if he comes out with some ridiculous claim that he didn't notice a difference.

They should suspend Belicheat immediately for the SB and next season. Fine the Pats substantially, and take away some draft picks.

Gotta come down harder for a repeat offender.

Reactions: 2 people
How the hell did the ref's not notice that?

My thoughts exactly. There was a check put into place to prevent this kind of thing from happening and that check failed.

The referee was supposed to inspect them before the game. Either he was paid off or someone on the Pats staff did it...

Or the only ball the ref checked was the 12th one that was inflated properly.

How or why didn't the refs know during the game since several officials touch the balls between plays between changing them out and spotting it?

They should suspend Belicheat immediately for the SB and next season. Fine the Pats substantially, and take away some draft picks.

Gotta come down harder for a repeat offender.

agree - sit him a year like Sean Payton

The referee was supposed to inspect them before the game. Either he was paid off or someone on the Pats staff did it...

from what I heard the refs check the balls 2 hours and 15 min before the game, which I assume after that they are on the field up to kickoff?

The Patriots are the most cheat organization since the NBA's refs/draft. Then again, the refs made blatantly bad calls while propelling the Steelers against the Seahawks and Cardinals in their last two championships. So maybe it's not just the Patriots cheating but the refs too. Look at their calls in both Cowboys games.

Anyways, good to see the Cheatriots keeping up the trend. I'm sure Tom Brady will have another smug ass comment like his response to Harbaugh. I can't stand Tom Brady, he's closer to Barry Bonds than Joe Montana. Cheating to propel him into a class he shouldn't be in. Bonds shouldn't have the homerun record and Brady shouldn't have three championships. It should be as commonly accepted to throw Brady's titles under the bus when comparing him to other qb's as it is to throw Bonds homerun title under the bus. I know a lot of people attack the Patriots for it but just as many seem to defend them and I'm not sure why they get that pass. In no way do I think they win all three super bowls by three points each without knowing the other teams plays. To me, they lose all three if they can only win by three while knowing. But yeah, good job Belicheat. You and your boy Tom Shady are all in once again. What's one draft pick and a few hundred grand for one championship? I'd trade that every day of the week.

A lot of people praise them for being best coach and QB of all time, if they are so great why do they have to cheat? Makes me wonder what all they have done and got away with.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back