Luck and Wilson looked like garbage today

And Luck continued to remain in the mud. The colts continue to be a punching bag, doormat or piñata for the patriots.

Wilson is a elite qb, and Luck is not.

I tried to say Wilson was one of the better qbs in the league earlier in the Colts thread. They didn't want to hear it.

With Wilson it aint always pretty. He's not gonna throw for 50,000 yards, etc.

But when it's on the line and his team needs something to get going he is clutch, money in the bank, you name it.
Small man, big heart

Russell Wilson = A winner

When it counted and really mattered, Wilson looked great.

Kind of. It really mattered the whole game, particularly the entire 3rd and 4th quarters, like when he threw a bad pick with 5' left and like when he couldn't finish a 3rd quarter drive that the punter threw a TD on...

He got so F-ing lucky, there is no other way to say it. Yeah he made a few crucial throws, but you can't say "when it mattered he looked great", because most of the time when it mattered, he looked terrible.

The 2 point conversion, LMAO. Who gets away with that?

Reactions: 3 people
Wilson played very poor, Luck played terrible. 2 huge differences, Wilson has a terrific defense and running game and Green Bay let up, New England kept their foot on the gas (I assume, I turned it off at half time)

Kind of. It really mattered the whole game, particularly the entire 3rd and 4th quarters, like when he threw a bad pick with 5' left and like when he couldn't finish a 3rd quarter drive that the punter threw a TD on...

He got so F-ing lucky, there is no other way to say it. Yeah he made a few crucial throws, but you can't say "when it mattered he looked great", because most of the time when it mattered, he looked terrible.

In his defense 2 of those picks bounced off the receivers hands.

In his defense 2 of those picks bounced off the receivers hands.

True, but one of them was too tight of a spot to try, IMO, and don't forget that Clinton-Dix dropped the easiest pick of them all, which was probably 6 the other way.

No such thing as luck. It mattered in OT when they needed a TD to win the game. He was masterful in that drive and threw a beautiful TD to win. Hate all you want. Post all of the dumb BS you want. Did Wilson play badly most of the game? Yes. Guess what? Irrelevant. When Seattle needed its QB to make the big time plays in the biggest moment, he showed up.

I tried to say Wilson was one of the better qbs in the league earlier in the Colts thread. They didn't want to hear it.

He's one of the better ones, he's just not a top 5 guy or better than Luck. People go overboard with the Wilson love.

Reactions: 1 person
No such thing as luck. It mattered in OT when they needed a TD to win the game. He was masterful in that drive and threw a beautiful TD to win. Hate all you want. Post all of the dumb BS you want. Did Wilson play badly most of the game? Yes. Guess what? Irrelevant. When Seattle needed its QB to make the big time plays in the biggest moment, he showed up.

I agree with your general tone, but it's not completely irrelevant. Had Seattle's defense not covered up mistakes by forcing 2 FGs early, it would be very, very relevant.

He's one of the better ones, he's just not a top 5 guy or better than Luck. People go overboard with the Wilson love.

Wilson is good, not great. I don't think you can put an average team around him and expect him to take them to the playoffs every year. He is great at what they ask him to do, which is hand it off, don't turn it over and scramble around and make some plays here and there. Nothing wrong with that, if my team looked more like the Seahawks and less like what they looked like last night and all luck had to do was manage the game I would be tickled pink.

I agree with your general tone, but it's not completely irrelevant. Had Seattle's defense not covered up mistakes by forcing 2 FGs early, it would be very, very relevant.

If we're comparing teams defense matters, but this has been about how Wilson plays the qb position.

Green Bay choked more than Wilson stepped up. The 3rd and 19 when GB only rushed 2 was a terrible call.

And if his defense hadn't bailed him out, he'd be getting a lot more criticism for his play yesterday.
Yea, the D gave him a chance to be clutch, and he was. Twice in one game.

Wilson has been #2 in the league the past 2 years with game winning drives. He has 16 in 3 years. So he's bailed them out quite a bit to.

His defense also cost him a playoff win in 2012. It goes both ways sometimes.

We're talking about the Seattle defense, right? One of the best defenses ever? It goes one way a hell of a lot more than the other.

I'm not saying he's Trent Dilfer, but the whole "sure his defense helped him 94 times, but here's one time he helped them too so they're even!" line of thinking is total BS. They're not even close to being a playoff team in 2012 without an elite defense.

Yea, the D gave him a chance to be clutch, and he was. Twice in one game.

Wilson has been #2 in the league the past 2 years with game winning drives. He has 16 in 3 years. So he's bailed them out quite a bit to.

I agree that he's clutch, but that doesn't mean he's bailing them out. "Bailing them out" means he's making up for their mistakes. That's certainly not what happened yesterday, and that defense doesn't make very many mistakes period.

Doesn't take a lot of football sense to see that if they switched teams people would say Luck is the second coming of Montana, Elway, Brady and Manning combined and Wilson would look more like RG3.

The game changes when you're constantly playing with a lead and you have the best rb in the game behind you.

There is so much luck involved. He's lucky the Packers only turned his 4 turnovers into 6 points. He's lucky the game wasn't a 5 TD blowout. He's lucky Clinton-Dix didn't pick him 3 times. He's lucky the fake FG worked.

How can it be irrelevant when we are evaluating Wilson? This is absurd. After he threw the 4th pick (what should have been the 5th pick) the game could have been over, but he was lucky enough to get another chance.

VN Store

Back