You think WE have had a suspect OC?

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Turn over to the Panthers game. Or watch any Panthers game. Mike Shula is a garbage OC. They have sucked all year and apparently only know how to throw the ball.

On another note, if you want to see a horrible WR coach watch Dallas tomorrow. Lame.

Reactions: 2 people
Turn over to the Panthers game. Or watch any Panthers game. Mike Shula is a garbage OC. They have sucked all year and apparently only know how to throw the ball.

You guys are a 7 win team. You're watching the offense of that kind of team having to play against one of the better defenses in the league, of an 11-5 team.

The benefit favoring CAR, though, is supposed to be that AZ's defense isn't "entirely shut down" teams good and that they're so far down on the depth chart at QB that they likely can't...reliably...keep scoring when on offense.

I don't think UT has a suspect OC. It isn't the style of O that I personally prefer but I have long thought that the O would be fine in time. The only doubt left is OL development and play. Jancek still makes me nervous as a coach but it appears that any flaw he has will be covered with player talent.

You guys are a 7 win team. You're watching the offense of that kind of team having to play against one of the better defenses in the league, of an 11-5 team.

The benefit favoring CAR, though, is supposed to be that AZ's defense isn't "entirely shut down" teams good and that they're so far down on the depth chart at QB that they likely can't...reliably...keep scoring when on offense.

When their last OC went to coach Cleveland they startwd sucking. No reason whatsoever go be as bad as they've been with theae playmakers. I know Cam was hurt twice but he's not playing well today and its been.

Incomplete. Short run. Incomplete/Newton scramble for 1st down lol He's waaay more predictable than Jancek has ever been.

When their last OC went to coach Cleveland they startwd sucking. No reason whatsoever go be as bad as they've been with theae playmakers. I know Cam was hurt twice but he's not playing well today and its been.

Incomplete. Short run. Incomplete/Newton scramble for 1st down lol He's waaay more predictable than Jancek has ever been.

Sorry its hard to type on a small smartphone with my bigger hands lol

O hey a screen on 3rd and long how many times have I seen that...

I don't think UT has a suspect OC. It isn't the style of O that I personally prefer but I have long thought that the O would be fine in time.

I'm still not sold on Bajakian. His offense only looks good when we are clearly faster and more athletic than the defense we are facing (Iowa was a perfect example where we had speed advantage at just about every position). However I have yet to see a single game where he can move the ball against a fast athletic defense (perfect examples this year include UF & Ole Miss). I think no matter how well Butch recruits it will never be possible for us to outtalent most of our rivals to any large degree (UF, UGA, Bama being prime examples) - at some point we have to be able to out-scheme and out-coach them and we have not seen any evidence so far that Bajakian can do that.

On another note, if you want to see a horrible WR coach watch Dallas tomorrow. Lame.

Just because a brick would be a better HC than Dooley doesn't mean Dooley is a bad coach. Some coaches are just naturally inclined to lesser positions on staff, like Muschamp should always be a DC

I'm still not sold on Bajakian. His offense only looks good when we are clearly faster and more athletic than the defense we are facing (Iowa was a perfect example where we had speed advantage at just about every position). However I have yet to see a single game where he can move the ball against a fast athletic defense (perfect examples this year include UF & Ole Miss). I think no matter how well Butch recruits it will never be possible for us to outtalent most of our rivals to any large degree (UF, UGA, Bama being prime examples) - at some point we have to be able to out-scheme and out-coach them and we have not seen any evidence so far that Bajakian can do that.

I agree with most of your points and supporting facts. The wildcard IMO is the OL. Unlike some, I am not assuming that the OL issues will be worked out. I hope they are. I am absolutely certain that everyone is working toward it. But the shortcomings of the past two seasons to me seem to go beyond talent or newness or them being "Dooley's players".

However if they get even a middling performance from the OL then we can better assess the OC's system against the better D's. For most of this season, they couldn't run anything deep or double moves. They just couldn't get the time in the pocket. It is hard to assess how challenging Iowa's DL speed was but the OL did look better in that game.

In short, I think it comes down to the OL and the OL comes down to finding a LT... I'm pretty sure I said the same thing last year between the end of '13 and the start of '14.

Just because a brick would be a better HC than Dooley doesn't mean Dooley is a bad coach. Some coaches are just naturally inclined to lesser positions on staff, like Muschamp should always be a DC

The curse and blessing was that Dooley took over a UT program in the dumpster. If it had been better then he probably would have been mediocre enough to have survived for 5 or 6 years. I would not have believed that if not for the reports late in '12 that if he made a bowl game Hart would keep him. He should have been fired after the USCe loss.

VN Store

Back