Who drafts Jameis Winston?

Who takes Jameis Winston in the NFL Draft

• Total voters

Dave1967

I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will draft him. QB is a huge need for the Buccaneers.

Neither. Mariota is going #1.

I see a Manziel type fall for Winston.

Reactions: 1 person
Tampa may need a QB, but I don't believe either of those franchises are stupid enough to pick this guy so early.
Tampa will pick Mariota, and that doesn't scare me at all as a rival of the Bucs.

I think Tampa will. If they're taking a QB, it's hard for me to imagine them deciding Mariota looks like a better NFL QB than Winston does.

Might help to look at all the teams that might need a QB to figure out where he would land/fall.

Tampa would be better off to draft that Wisconsin RB if its offense they want

No one's going to draft a RB at #1 overall anymore.

He wont be there when they pick in the next round and they need offense -- Anyone can get injured right away - look at Clowney -- nothing is a sure bet anymore.

He wont be there when they pick in the next round and they need offense -- Anyone can get injured right away - look at Clowney -- nothing is a sure bet anymore.

Then they should trade down. To the Eagles? No RB is worth a number 1 pick anymore.

That's fine but with the position's shorter shelf-life, the movement of the league more towards the usage of passing game, the shift to the usage of a rotation of two running backs, and the general abundance of later round players to plug into the position and get enough production to balance the passing game, they're not going to be drafted that high anymore.

The teams in the NFL pretty much now see the position as less a priority (than it used to be) and it not being worth the contract amount that comes with that high of a pick (for the reasons above).

Then they should trade down. To the Eagles? No RB is worth a number 1 pick anymore.

I really don't think the Eagles are desperately seeking Mariota just because he went to Chip Kelly's old college...that feels too "uninformed rumor"-ish. (Nothing personal meant towards you by that.)

They also have defensive needs, do they not?

I really don't think the Eagles are desperately seeking Mariota just because he went to Chip Kelly's old college...that feels too "uninformed rumor"-ish. (Nothing personal meant towards you by that.)

They also have defensive needs, do they not?

I disagree. The key to Kelly's system is having the right style players to run it. Mariota would be a dream come true for Chip Kelly, and I say that as a Cowboys fan. Jmo.

But yeah they really need a CB. Their secondary is horrid.

I would do that to - this years QBs arent worth a #1 pick either

I agree. I just hope the Titans do too. Winston is a huge risk and Mariota definitely seems to be a "system" qb. He has a good arm but he throws in to very open windows. Can he make NFL throws with NFL accuracy? We shall see.

I really want the Titans to take Cooper and roll with Zach for at least another year. If he is good then we have a franchise QB if he isnt good we have another high draft pick. Win - win.

Scrambling QBs don't do good in the NFL because most of them don't make good reads and run when nobody is open. In addition, a lot of them have poor arms

They're really good in video games though

Scrambling QBs don't do good in the NFL because most of them don't make good reads and run when nobody is open. In addition, a lot of them have poor arms

They're really good in video games though

Are you talking about Winston? He really isnt a scrambling QB. He has some mobility and can pick up yards when a play breaks down but you wont see him running any read options.

VN Store

Back