Woodson still >>>> Manning

Anyone else think Woodson comes of as an arrogant prick claiming Brady owes him his house and wife? Jesus dude. Debate this if you want but I know Peyton wouldn't say crap like this.

Reactions: 2 people
Woodson had a great year. If Peyton beats Florida he wins though. He didn't beat UF and it cost him.

I detest the idea that one player is the reason any team wins or loses a game but as far as the "That's the way it works, right or wrong." situation goes you're almost certainly correct.

As an aside some of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen were from players in losing efforts. Actually, some truly great players toiled away magnificent individual careers on losing teams.

I detest the idea that one player is the reason any team wins or loses a game but as far as the "That's the way it works, right or wrong." situation goes you're almost certainly correct.

As an aside some of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen were from players in losing efforts. Actually, some truly great players toiled away magnificent individual careers on losing teams.

Oh I agree. It still happens with qbs and the Heisman though. They lose a big game and it knocks them out of winning. Qbs get too much credit and blame for the wins and losses.

Woodson is a great player, but if he is greater than Peyton how is he on a 3-12 team? Peyton has broken a lot of the passing records because of his longevity, but the same should be said about Woodson. He has been in the league a while. It's great that he has over 60 interceptions and 20 sacks, but he has also been playing for 17 years.

Did you put up the link to that asinine Wall Street Journal piece just to stir everybody up this day after Christmas? The time you posted it is even 12:26. I bet you like to hit hornets nests with a stick just to see what will happen.

Reactions: 5 people
Did you put up the link to that asinine Wall Street Journal piece just to stir everybody up this day after Christmas? The time you posted it is even 12:26. I bet you like to hit hornets nests with a stick just to see what will happen.

It stirred me up and I didn't want to be alone.

;-)

Reactions: 1 person
There was a lot going on in 1997 that contributed to Woodson winning the Heisman. I recall watching The Sports Reporters and Jason Whitlock said there was no way they (the voters) were going to give it to 2 white QB's from the same conference back to back. That pissed me off big time.

Next, Manning didn't beat UF and had bad outings against USC and Vandy. Then you had Woodson make some big time plays against Ohio State.

No, Woodson isn't going to have nearly the stats as Manning but for a DB your success is based on "lack of stats" to a certain degree. If they don't throw your way, you've done your job.

Manning is still #1 in most Vols' eyes...and rightfully so.

Champ Bailey had a better year than Woodson. Woodson was propped up by the networks.

Agreed. I'll never forget when ESPN was cramming Woodson highlights and stats. They had Jamal Lewis rushing stats on crawler instead of the unfathomable numbers Peyton had over Kentucky that day. Also the sympathy card as you mentioned the networks playing. Showing Peyton with home videos playing in his wealthy families back yard with his brothers. Meanwhile portraying Woodson as a kid having braces on his legs and raised by a single mom. I was like what the Heck does that have to do with football as collegiate athlete? Obviously spinning bias.

You'd be(along with a boat load of others) singing their praises had Peyton won.

You mean if they actually got their job right?

I guess I probably would be. I don't think it's orange shaded glasses or anything there most friends that are fans of other programs think that Manning not winning the Heisman was a joke.

Reactions: 3 people
Zzzzzzz. Woodson was trumped up & NEVER impacted the game (college or professional) like Peyton Manning. Heisman trophy has been irrelevant ever since this ludicrous debacle.:crazy:

I graduated from UT in 2008 and I bleed Orange.

But Woodson was the best college football player in the country that year. Whether DB, Punt Returner, or WR. And he single handedly won Michigan the NC.

The vote wasn't even really that close and there hasn't been a better two way player since Woodson.

I graduated from UT in 2008 and I bleed Orange.

But Woodson was the best college football player in the country that year. Whether DB, Punt Returner, or WR. And he single handedly won Michigan the NC.

The vote wasn't even really that close and there hasn't been a better two way player since Woodson.
Agreed, but you won't find many who share that opinion here.

VN Store

Back