Michael Sam finally did what we all expected him to do.

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
He's now claiming he's unemployed based on his sexual preference.

I got nothing against homosexuals, and in fact there is at least one dude here that is a damn good poster that I respect a ton. Cant ever remember his dadgum name, but anyhow.

Sam was asked why he isn't playing and he eluded to discrimination based on his sexuality which I just don't really buy. Cowherd talked about it and I caught part of his segment on it. Made some good points too comparing guys that dominated the college game that are not playing in the NFL.

Its performance based league, and Sam just does not cut it apparently. Now he's backed himself in to a corner and became toxic I'd assume.

Reactions: 2 people
He should just shut up and go play in the CFL, that's where he should have went in the first place.

Reactions: 2 people
Not all homosexuals get HIV. Lets not stereotype when it's not needed. For all intents and purposes, Sam seems to have been a good dude prior to his attempts to cash in on his personal preferences.

I will say this which is subject to speculation: I completely believe his attempt to capitalize on this whole deal made a lot of people dislike him. The fact that he cant make a practice squad is not a reflection of his own greed, but rather his ability to play football.

Reactions: 5 people
Not all homosexuals get HIV. Lets not stereotype when it's not needed. For all intents and purposes, Sam seems to have been a good dude prior to his attempts to cash in on his personal preferences.

I will say this which is subject to speculation: I completely believe his attempt to capitalize on this whole deal made a lot of people dislike him. The fact that he cant make a practice squad is not a reflection of his own greed, but rather his ability to play football.

Good points,i agree with you on the fact he just doesn't have the talent to make it in the NFL. Michael Sam should go play in the CFL he would be a star.

I do feel like it hurt his draft stock some, which is unfortunate.

Which may or may not have been something the Sam camp kept in mind all along. I'm jaded I guess and fail to believe people when they have to remind you several times over that their intentions are genuine without other motives. Which is what he did.....a lot.

"I'm gay. I'm a good dude, and I don't want this attention. I'm gay. I just want to play football. Being an NFL player has been a dream of mine. I'm gay. I am all about football. Football football football."

& your PR people expected us to go "oh you're gay too? Tell us more about your role in a 4-3 defense as opposed to a 3-4. Can you expand on where you prefer to be in a nickle set?

Reactions: 3 people
NFL teams aren't going to put up with a media circus and distraction for a practice squad player. They're just not.

In my honest opinion, the NFL pressured (and probably incentivized) the teams at the bottom of the Draft to take him. I think they feared there would be a huge PR hit if he wasn't drafted at all.

I believe he's not in the NFL for being gay as much as I believe Tebow isn't in the NFL for being Christian.

Reactions: 7 people
When you look at how bad the Cowboys defensive line is, and they didn't promote him to the roster you have to believe it's a talent thing.

I still think the show he put on with his boyfriend with the cake did more him more harm than he realized.

Reactions: 4 people
Signing up for the reality show was the worst imo. Showed he was trying to cash in anyway possible. Not just football

Reactions: 1 person
Actually pretty disappointed in Sam. Didn't think he'd take this route. I believe the rams took a chance on him because they felt he could legitimately help them. I also think he's not on a team now because he just isn't that good.

Crazy to think that an SEC co MVP can't find a job playing somewhere. NFL or CFL. Seems odd to me.

Crazy to think that an SEC co MVP can't find a job playing somewhere. NFL or CFL. Seems odd to me.

I'm not sure he's actually tried the CFL yet. He was with the Rams through all preseason and on the Cowboys' practice squad through almost the end of October. By then the CFL only had 2 weeks of the regular season left, plus they have roster limits on how many players can be non-Canadian and I don't know if they have any kind of signing deadline barring emergency.

My guess is he'll probably be signed by some NFL team in the spring and last a month before being cut, and then if he truly wants to keep playing football, you'll see him signed by a CFL team.

I'm not sure he's actually tried the CFL yet. He was with the Rams through all preseason and on the Cowboys' practice squad through almost the end of October. By then the CFL only had 2 weeks of the regular season left, plus they have roster limits on how many players can be non-Canadian and I don't know if they have any kind of signing deadline barring emergency.

My guess is he'll probably be signed by some NFL team in the spring and last a month before being cut, and then if he truly wants to keep playing football, you'll see him signed by a CFL team.

When this happens, ESPN will try to make it the story of the year and talk about it non-stop for a month.

Reactions: 1 person
Tebow could have a job on an NFL roster if he wasn't dead set on playing QB

I agree.

And I don't think he ever tried the CFL either, and I think part of that is he probably couldn't cut it in the CFL as a QB either. I'd argue every starting QB in the CFL, including Crompton, probably still throws better than him.

Happy for him, but he's milking his fame and situation a bit much now. Could've done this anywhere and he chooses Vatican City. Convenient

Hoping to get the Popes comments on it IMO --- and he should know the Catholic church will never ever accept gay marriage

VN Store

Back