AP won't do any time

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Reactions: 1 person
If you have enough money and a good enough lawyer, you can pretty much plea out of anything these days.

If it's justice you're after, AP already suffered far more than child abusers who get jail time. How many $ millions has he lost out on? How many more? He's a public figure with a completely tarnished reputation. He can't just move to another state to hide from the shame.

He likely won't bounce back from this. Justice will be served. We don't need government to be the administrator of justice in every case.

So losing out on money is punishment enough?

No.

Last edited:
If it's justice you're after, AP already suffered far more than child abusers who get jail time. How many $ millions has he lost out on? How many more? He's a public figure with a completely tarnished reputation. He can't just move to another state to hide from the shame.

He likely won't bounce back from this. Justice will be served. We don't need government to be the administrator of justice in every case.

Wait till he takes the field and starts scoring touchdowns or making big plays again. Then the huge majority of the people will almost immediately have forgetten about it, and he'll be fine again.

Wait till he takes the field and starts scoring touchdowns or making big plays again. Then the huge majority of the people will almost immediately have forgetten about it, and he'll be fine again.

The only way he gets back in the league is if he can convince everybody these were BS charges.

What is enough punishment?

What would you rather do 3 months in jail or pay $40M? $10M? $1M?

It's not about what I'd rather do. You or I would be going to jail, unless you have a few million to spare.

It's not about what I'd rather do. You or I would be going to jail, unless you have a few million to spare.

Really? It's not about us? I could have sworn I played in the NFL and hit a kid.

I'm talking about justice. You're talking about only a certain brand of justice. Don't look to government to deliver that. They fail at everything. Even if he got jail time, would that be justice?

Would you rather pay $1M or go to jail 3 months?

Would you rather go to jail 1 month or for the rest of your life every stranger you meet knows you as the child abuser?

Justice will be served.

I'm just saying that if he does, this all would leave less of a mark than you were making it sound.

Hmmm...

He'll be lucky if he ever turns into Ray Lewis. It could happen, but I doubt he'll escape from this. If he never plays again, we're probably talking $40M in lost salary and endorsements. At least. If he plays again, we're probably talking $10-20M.

I don't think he ever gets his reputation and his endorsements back. He might get his salary back. That's still far more than any average Joe would ever pay.

I'd be willing to bet he will be back in the NFL sooner rather than later or never.

You may be right. So if he comes back next season, that's like $10M in salary lost + all endorsements lost.

That being said, over the next 4 years the Vikings were going to pay him $56M...I don't think there is any way he returns to the Vikings under that contract. Cut it in half, at least.

You may be right. So if he comes back next season, that's like $10M in salary lost + all endorsements lost.

That being said, over the next 4 years the Vikings were going to pay him $56M...I don't think there is any way he returns to the Vikings under that contract. Cut it in half, at least.

The public, owners, and everyone in between have short memories......especially when it comes to an elite superstar. See Tiger Woods. JMO

Even for a lesser star.

See Leonard Little
See Donte Stallworth

Even for a lesser star.

See Leonard Little
See Donte Stallworth

I think one reason they were able to come back is they weren't as high profile and they didn't mean to hurt anybody, alcoholism is a disease, etc. You can't hit a kid and then say you didn't mean to hurt him.

In fact, the accident wasn't Stallworth's fault. The idiot was jaywalking on a 6-lane causeway. I'm not saying Stallworth is innocent of wrongdoing, but the guy died because he made a mistake, not because Stallworth made a mistake.

I agree, however he was still drunk and behind the wheel. Would he have hit him had he been sober? We don't know.

As far as domestic violence or child abuse go, there is no excuse. Not saying drinking is, but at least the intent to harm isn't there.

Though if Vick can come back, I don't see why Rice or Peterson can't. I'd argue Vick was as big, if not bigger of a star at the tiime of each incident.

While I love animals, it's still not on the same level as DV or CA.

I agree, however he was still drunk and behind the wheel. Would he have hit him had he been sober? We don't know.

As far as domestic violence or child abuse go, there is no excuse. Not saying drinking is, but at least the intent to harm isn't there.

Though if Vick can come back, I don't see why Rice or Peterson can't. I'd argue Vick was as big, if not bigger of a star at the tiime of each incident.

While I love animals, it's still not on the same level as DV or CA.

I agree that Vick coming back was surprising, but he did do 2 years (which made it easier to forgive him) and I believe he was out of football 3 years? AP won't have much to offer in 3 years, and I don't think fans are ready to forgive him this season. Hopefully not next season, either.

I agree that Vick coming back was surprising, but he did do 2 years (which made it easier to forgive him) and I believe he was out of football 3 years? AP won't have much to offer in 3 years, and I don't think fans are ready to forgive him this season. Hopefully not next season, either.

If Vick had never done time and came back within months rather than years, the fans wouldnt have given the first **** if he was running for 100 yards and passing for 300 yards a game.

If Vick had never done time and came back within months rather than years, the fans wouldnt have given the first **** if he was running for 100 yards and passing for 300 yards a game.

Eagles fans, maybe. But even with the time he served there were a lot of protests. It would have been a lot bigger media distraction had it gone down the way you say, and I'm not sure a team would have picked him up.

Eagles fans, maybe. But even with the time he served there were a lot of protests. It would have been a lot bigger media distraction had it gone down the way you say, and I'm not sure a team would have picked him up.

Eagles fans or whatever team picked him up. I still think you are giving way too much credit to people caring about whats important when it comes to star players. Its more about what they can do for their team exponentially more than it is how good a person they are or what they may have done off the field. Not exactly the way I personally feel about it, but most do feel that way.............and No, I dont have a poll to support my thoughts on this.

Eagles fans or whatever team picked him up. I still think you are giving way too much credit to people caring about whats important when it comes to star players. Its more about what they can do for their team exponentially more than it is how good a person they are or what they may have done off the field. Not exactly the way I personally feel about it, but most do feel that way.............and No, I dont have a poll to support my thoughts on this.

Yet, with all this domestic abuse lately, teams are cutting pro bowlers left and right.

Rice is the only one I can recall that was a superstar and got cut. I would be willing to bet that Rice returns to the NFL as well

AP didn't get cut? If not, I assume he won't return for Minnesota unless he can create some doubt about the legitimacy of the charges.

Looks like Greg Hardy won't play for the Panthers again, but we'll see.

VN Store

Back