Who is the best team in the NFL?

Who is the best team in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
This same poll is up on ESPN right now, and Denver isn't even the 3rd highest vote getter. The Patriots are 1, followed by the Cardinals, then 'Other'.

Denver lost a road game to the Patriots. I don't think that automatically makes the Patriots the best team in the NFL. They are playing well right now, but when you look at what the've done, I still think it pales to the Broncos this season.

Who is the Patriots 2nd best win? Cincinnati in Foxboro and a close 3rd is probably at the Bills. Meanwhile the 2nd and 3rd best teams they've played they lost to - Miami and KC.

The Broncos have wins over the Colts, Cardinals, Chiefs, and 49ers. And their two losses are to probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league. The Patriots and Seahawks.

So what say you. Who is the best team in the NFL?

I still think Broncos...as long as they arent playing in NE. They just have too many weapons. When they are playing well they are unstoppable

Yes, as long as the Broncos dont play in Foxboro, they are still the best in the NFL IMO

The Broncos got spanked by New England yet you're putting them #1. Carson Palmer didn't play, he's healthy now. Yes. The Cardinals

Didnt their 3rd string, Logan Thomas, play most of that game??? Am I remembering that correctly?

Have you seen Pittsburgh's last 3 games?

I was going to say Pitt, but they have had a pretty easy schedule..............and will for the remainder. They havent played a single team considered in the top 5 of the NFL.

This far into the season I refuse to make a decision based on what I see from the most recent week of football. I'm still going to go Broncos. If they look confused again next week, I'll change my mind about them.

The Broncos got spanked by New England yet you're putting them #1. Carson Palmer didn't play, he's healthy now. Yes. The Cardinals

I don't think NE should be, but I can understand based on that logic. However, Arizona doesn't make sense in either case. I don't think Palmer is worth 21 points/game over Drew Stanton.

I don't think NE should be, but I can understand based on that logic. However, Arizona doesn't make sense in either case. I don't think Palmer is worth 21 points/game over Drew Stanton.

Then how does two loss Denver make sense?

Reactions: 1 person
Same reason I think a one loss Alabama is better than undefeated Marshall

So because Arizona was dealt a slightly easier schedule, they can't make sense. That's just stupid. You can argue Denver all you want and even make a good case for it, but you can't ignore one loss Arizona and say they don't make sense. They've beaten Philly, Dallas, San Diego, and San Francisco, all who are current playoff teams.

So because Arizona was dealt a slightly easier schedule, they can't make sense. That's just stupid. You can argue Denver all you want and even make a good case for it, but you can't ignore one loss Arizona and say they don't make sense. They've beaten Philly, Dallas, San Diego, and San Francisco, all who are current playoff teams.

Evaluating how teams have performed in relation to their strength of schedule is not stupid. In fact, it's a very strong indicator of how good they are and a long-established basis for most ratings.

Evaluating how teams have performed in relation to their strength of schedule is not stupid. In fact, it's a very strong indicator of how good they are and a long-established basis for most ratings.

No duh. I made the argument for Arizona with the same theory. You can't discredit Arizona's schedule. And they have a better record, with the only blemish being a game in which their third string qb had to finish the game

No duh. I made the argument for Arizona with the same theory. You can't discredit Arizona's schedule. And they have a better record, with the only blemish being a game in which their third string qb had to finish the game

I was trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about... In one breath you say you can't hold their schedule against them, then you make an argument citing their schedule.

Looking strictly at wins and losses is not a good indicator precisely because of schedule. You say you can't hold it against the Cardinals because they were dealt an easier schedule. Likewise, you can't hold it against the Broncos because they were dealt a more difficult schedule. So to your 'no duh' response - if you want to looks at wins and losses, you have to do in context of their SOS. All ratings that take that into account rate the Broncos higher - and reaffirms what I see on the field.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back