Seems like the OLine coach figured out how to fix the problem

NEO

Eat at Joe's
It took about 5 games.

The OLINE has clearly been a problem.

After losing a stud LT, the Line has been very poor this year and the QB has not had time to get the ball out. Everyone can see this.

On top of that the WR group is pretty young and inexperienced.

This was a statement written about the game:

"Not only has a shuffled offensive line failed to provide consistent protection, which causes hurried throws and physical pain, the lack of dependable targets has short-changed the quarterback, too."

But it looks like the OLINE coach has fixed this and went to a 2 TE Set.

And after a season of getting the QB scaked over and over again, the team finally went out and whipped the number one rated team in the league.

OH...you thought I was talking about the Vols, didn't you?

Hell no. Our OLINE coach is clueless..

I was talking about Bill Belichick.

He actually knows what he's doing.

Patriots bounce back by using two tight ends to rout Bengals

Reactions: 8 people
sweet. Tom and Gronk will really help us.

Belichick could have Donald Duck out there as his TE' and still win games.

Don't believe me? Look at how many players he has flipped out over the last decade and how many no names he has taken and made them stars.

He is a schemes coach.

Schemes coaches win.

Reactions: 1 person

Don't believe me? Look at how many players he has flipped out over the last decade and how many no names he has taken and made them stars.

He is a schemes coach.

Schemes coaches win.

A schemes coach that got fire in Cleveland and was struggling in NE before he found Brady.

Reactions: 6 people

He is a schemes coach.

Schemes coaches win.

they are pros and playing with a top 5 qb of all time as well, not playing with 18 yr old linemen and TE's in the first year of a college system.
And we have had TE's on the field quite a bit this year, and teams usually send a blitz to their side/s.

you know you've poked a hole in someone's argument when they pull out the sheep card.

Like the other poster said, remind us how great he did before Brady. Hint. More baaaaad than good.

they are pros and playing with a top 5 qb of all time as well, not playing with 18 yr old linemen and TE's in the first year of a college system.
And we have had TE's on the field quite a bit this year, and teams usually send a blitz to their side/s.

***cough***

Remember what he did with the back up QB when Tom got hurt?

Where is that back up now?

Backing up Bridgewater the minute Teddy returns from injury.

Belichick made Cassel about 69 million.

I want the win but our Oline coach is clueless.

Anyone want to tell me the downside at this point for going to a 2 TE set?

cough, Cassel threw more td's for the Chiefs in his 2nd year with them than he did with the Patriots after being in that system for 4 years. 27tds vs 21.

I guess the shepherd wants to give Belicheck credit for that year as well.

can you tell me when our 2 freshmen TE's have been healthy at the same time and haven't been in 2 TE sets?
Downs can't run. Branisiel is out. Just a little harder to go two TE sets with 2 unhealthy true freshmen than it is for a couple of NFL players playing and watching film with Tom Brady.

We barely have 2 healthy TE's as is let alone 2 healthy blocking tight ends. Additionally the line is getting whipped all over even with help.

Last edited:
can you tell me when our 2 freshmen TE's have been healthy at the same time and haven't been in 2 TE sets?
Downs can't run. Branisiel is out. Just a little harder to go two TE sets with 2 unhealthy true freshmen than it is for a couple of NFL players playing and watching film with Tom Brady.

Great minds think alike. Plus Wolf as I understand it is the better one at blocking anyway and they play him as much as they can.

You should go for his job. Also it wouldn't really matter with how bad our line is at blocking along with TEs we would still get no where running and only have 2-3 players out in routes.

cough, Cassel threw more td's for the Chiefs in his 2nd year with them than he did with the Patriots after being in that system for 4 years. 27tds vs 21.

I guess the shepherd wants to give Belicheck credit for that year as well.

Then fell off the wagon and got traded.

And now is a back up.

I guess you could argue he had two good years and it was neither Belichick or the Chiefs coach and I honestly I wouldn't fight that but the point is I have little faith in the Oline coach.

I believe in CBJ...not Mahoney.

And now is a back up.

I guess you could argue he had two good years and it was neither Belichick or the Chiefs coach and I honestly I wouldn't fight that but the point is I have little faith in the Oline coach.

You don't have faith in him bc it's his unit that struggles....people didn't have faith in jancek last yr for the same reason.

You should go for his job. Also it wouldn't really matter with how bad our line is at blocking along with TEs we would still get no where running and only have 2-3 players out in routes.

North, Pearson, and Malone or a mixture of this is enough to win games f Worley has time.

No blind side sack and we still beat Florida and break the streak.

the blind side sack cost us the game.

And we had only scored 9 at the point.

You don't have faith in him bc it's his unit that struggles....people didn't have faith in jancek last yr for the same reason.

Jancek's schemes last year were fine.

Not enough talent.

Show me where I called out his coaching ability last year...I wasn't one of them.

I have just had enough after the FL game.

I am viewing everything this coaching staff does and questioning everything...my sunshine days are over.

Sure.......Pressure is coming primarily through the B gaps. A TE can't stop it. Using TE further ties you to short routes susceptible to an INT by a good defense applying pressure at will.

And now is a back up.

Say you go max protect with all our best blockers then according to Butch himself that still puts 5 freshman on the field, Helm, Wolf, Hurd, Robertson, and Thomas.

DAMN that's crazy.

By my way of thinking coaches share some blame for results but Bajakian plays the bigger role as the guy ultimately in control of play calls and offense.

VN Store

Back