Most Popular Team: Broncos, Least Popular Team: Titans

I do not think its really that surprising. It seems like there's more broncos, cowboy , and Steeler fans in East Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Titans have really fallen off the map. Losing will do that. I don't see much hope for the future right now either.

Reactions: 2 people
Somewhat random....and maybe it's just me, but I've always thought the Titans have one of the worst logo/color schemes in the entire league. I've just always thought they could have been more creative than drawing up a sword with flames around it for brand recognition.

Cowboys fans were so butthurt about that poll on the ESPN thread.

Broncos benefit from geography. It's much closer Albuquerque and Salt Lake City than any other NFL teams.

Not to mention they got Peyton Manning :rock:

Cowboys fans were so butthurt about that poll on the ESPN thread.

Broncos benefit from geography. It's much closer Albuquerque and Salt Lake City than any other NFL teams.

Not to mention they got Peyton Manning :rock:

I agree it's all about Manning....
Denver went from 17 to 1 with Peyton
While The Colts went from 2 to 27 without
Imagine if he had picked the Titans over the Broncos.

Somewhat random....and maybe it's just me, but I've always thought the Titans have one of the worst logo/color schemes in the entire league. I've just always thought they could have been more creative than drawing up a sword with flames around it for brand recognition.

Why didn't hey use the name Nashville instead of Tennessee like most NFL teams do?

Lots of teams go with the state name. I think the idea is that it's more inclusive, so it will appeal to more fans outside the city.

I wouldn't say a lot, maybe 3 other teams in the whole league.

I wouldn't say a lot, maybe 3 other teams in the whole league.

Arizona Cardinals
Tennessee Titans
Minnesota Vikings

Technically:
New York Jets
New York Giants

And a few teams take it a bit further
New England Patriots
Carolina Panthers

And that's just football. "A lot" is a relative term, though. So it's just semantics.

Maybe they are headed to Hollywood.

That seems unlikely. Their season ticket sales, at this point, have still been consistently high going into their seasons (they was either a sell-out once the tickets went on sale, or like a 98% renewal among the ticket holders).

(Their attendance did drop late in the year, but at the same time, that pretty much happens with any bad team in it's last month or so of games.)

It'd be another thing if, say, the team suddenly asked about getting a new stadium and the city said no (that - mainly on the point of the former - would be pretty unlikely to occur at this point though).

But honestly, where they rank nationally on a list of everyone's favorite teams wouldn't really have that much of an effect on a franchise staying or moving.

The thread/article title's also off. The Jaguars were also tied at the bottom of this popularity poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Meh, it's a goofy poll.

Even if teams like the Titans/Jags/Rams/Bucs were winning, they still probably wouldn't crack the top 20.

Presumably for the alliteration.

Possibly to try to garner some state-wide appeal as well.

I assumed they chose "Titans" for alliteration, not the other way around. I think they want to expand the fanbase, as huff said.

I'm not surprised TN is near the bottom of the list. I am surprised they're all the way at the bottom.

They're just a boring franchise lately, so they don't get the bandwagon fans that NE, Denver, Dallas, Pittsburgh, NY, etc. do when they get franchise players like Peyton. The Titans need an exciting franchise QB.

And those teams have larger core fanbases to begin with anyway, being located in significantly larger markets.

I believe they choose "Tennessee" to appeal to the entire state.

The stadium issue will be looming quicker than most think. They're halfway into a 30 year lease and in just 15 years the stadium is already starting to be dated compared to newer venues. I think the place already looks kinda rundown.

I've come to the conclusion they need a uniform overhaul. I used to think the 2 tone jersey looked good but now it kind of looks silly to me. Plus for whatever reason they constantly choose to wear Titan blue jerseys over navy pants at home and that is IMHO their worst combo and looks way too XFL like. I wish they'd wear their Titan blue jerseys over white pants like the 2 games they did last year, by far their best look as Titans. Either do that or go back to the classic navy jerseys over white.

But honestly the helmet now looks blah to me with the "flaming thumbtacks" logo. So I'm in favor of a new look but keep the color scheme.

VN Store

Back