VN Recruiting Forum Fantasy Football

Snake or Auction Draft?

• Total voters

LT21

Hey guys, just trying to gauge interest in a fantasy football league for recruiting forum regulars. I also included a poll to decide between a snake draft and an auction draft. I prefer auction drafts because they allow you to get the players you want, allbeit at a potentially high cost. The only downside is that it can be more of a commitment to attend the draft.

Unless someone else prefers, I can be the commissioner. Although I know it is a lot of work (and can be stressful), so if soemone else wants to step up I would have no problem with that. We will need to have some threads in the league to discuss rules like flex positions and points for RB/WR/QBs.

I think a 10-12 person league would provide the most competition, so hopefully we can reach that mark. Go Vols!

I'm in. Anyway we could do a $10-&20 buy in to keep participation up during the year?

I want in. I've only used Yahoo for fantasy before and I actually prefer to do the auto-draft for everyone. That way is random and fair. My previous leagues have been like that and fun. JMO though. However, I am negotiable and want to play, just don't expect me to put a HUGE effort into it as I really do not care about the outcome. It's just fun to play.

Glad a lot of people are interested already. ive had a good experience with the ESPN fantasy football leagues. They have an app and everything. So unless people are opposed Id prefer to use ESPN.

As for money, im not sure how that would work and if ESPN has that function. I think we should only do that if a good majority of people want to (im not opposed).

Looks like snake is winning so far so we will go with that if it wins out in the end. The draft will probably be a weekday around 8 PM EST, but thats something we can discuss in a league thread once we get enough people and set it up.

Looks like we have 7 now and we'll keep going til we have 12. After that anyone on the outside looking in picks a member and challenges them to a fight to the death.

That's 9, I'll probably start the league tomorrow night and will provide information for you guys to sign up for it. Then we can make some threads to discuss and poll everyone's preferences on buying in, draft times, and player points.

I'll play but I only have time for an autodraft. Job, kids, trying to stay less fat, and so on leaves little time for draft parties at this point.

Also, what platform are we using? Yahoo?

I prefer to use ESPN. I believe that's 11 now.

That's a shame you won't have time to draft glich, you don't have 45 minutes free someday around 8 PM EST?

I prefer to use ESPN. I believe that's 11 now.

That's a shame you won't have time to draft glich, you don't have 45 minutes free someday around 8 PM EST?

That is when I am getting my girls ready for bed and reading to them. Let me know if you either auto draft or move the draft to a Saturday or something.

I'll play but I only have time for an autodraft. Job, kids, trying to stay less fat, and so on leaves little time for draft parties at this point.

Also, what platform are we using? Yahoo?

I'm with you on that glich! I prefer autodraft and it's mostly due to exactly the same reasons.

I want in too. I thought we already had sign ups in a thread in the RF?

Last edited:
That is when I am getting my girls ready for bed and reading to them. Let me know if you either auto draft or move the draft to a Saturday or something.

We can discuss it in the league, but hopefully we can find a draft day/time ideal for everyone.

It looks like more people wanted in than we can fit. I would consider having a 14 person league if everyone is okay with that. That would allow jj2518 and Scvol7906 to play. The snake draft will just be a lot longer between picks.

So that means the players are:
1. LT21
2. volatil
3. govols09
4. sigchig
5. Bruce Wayne
6. lmoore944
7. cawVOL07
8. MockingVol
9. IndianaVolunteer
10. glichtenwalter
11. VolFan4Life10
12. SouthKnoxVOL
13. jj2518
14. Scvol7906

Does this look fine to everyone? I will make the league tomorrow night and post info on how to join through ESPN.

VN Store

Back